"I wasn't that bad, if anything, I was the one who was going crazy. Do you even know how many times I've had to stop you from overshopping and filling up our house with unnecessary things?"

"Unnecessary things? More like unappreciated items that made the house look ten times better! It's called fashion." I argue, regretting not one of my many purchases over the years.

Okay, so when I said I was a bit of a shopaholic... I wasn't kidding.

"Sure, if that's what we are calling it now." Ella teases.

"So have you guys made any new friends yet? How about your roommates, what are they like?" I change the subject, curious to know why I haven't heard of them yet.

I have already told Ella all about my first two days, and how lucky I got to get a pretty cool roommate who shares a lot of the same characteristics as me.

AKA. A shopping problem.

...

Shopping is not for the weak.

Ella shrugs her shoulders, "Ehhh. She spent the whole day with her boyfriend. Not that I didn't mind spending my time with Luke instead," she gives him a look, "I just really wanted to be good friends with my roommate. I would have loved to get to know her, but it seems she's not even trying to get to know me. She said at most three sentences to me before leaving to go to her boyfriend's room. It's annoying. " Ella frowns.

My eyebrows raise in surprise, "Really? That's awful, I'm so sorry."

She shrugs, "It's fine, at least I had him," she jabs her finger into Luke's shoulder, "I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have him here. Making friends is so difficult, I wish there was an easier way."

Her words upset me; a lot more than they should have. It makes me wish I was there for her, instead, I am on the whole other side of the country.

The worst sister of the year award goes to...

"Ella, I feel so bad. I wish I was there, then we could have made friends together." I say, my shoulders sagging.

"Don't say that! You deserve to be as happy as you are at your new school. Don't worry about me, I'll make friends eventually. Those types of things just take time for people like me." She tries to give me a comforting smile, but it doesn't work.

I fake a smile back to ensure her that I'm alright, that we will both be alright.

Facetiming her like this is already starting to make me homesick, and it hasn't even been a full 48 hours since I last saw her.

A knock at the door causes me to look up from my screen, and Claire comes walking in from Zoe and Sophia's room.

We were all hanging out in their room before I got a call from my sister, and I excused myself to talk to her. I guess I lost track of time because it's been a bit over half an hour, and I didn't even realize.

"Ella, this is Claire, my roommate. And Claire this is my younger sister, Ella."

"Nice to meet you!" Claire says, waving into the phone.

Ella waves, "Nice to meet you too! And only by a few minutes Ally, stop telling people that!! It makes me seem way younger than you." She glares into the camera at me.

Since we were kids, I've always teased her about being the older sister. Especially when I was trying to get my way, I would brag that I was the older sibling, therefore had seniority over her.

You know, just the typical sibling bickering.

Although I've never admitted it, sometimes I feel that she should be the older sister since she's always looking out for me.

"Wait, you guys are twins?!" Claire says shocked, looking back and forth from my phone screen to me.

"Yep! Not identical though, as you can see." I say, pointing out how we resemble each other, but don't share the same features. Just like regular siblings.

"That's still cool though. I wish I had a twin, I bet you guys tell each other everything."

I shrug, "Having a twin is alright I guess."

Ella lets out a dramatic gasp from the other side, "How dare you?! I am the highlight of your life!"

"My highlight was the few minutes of peace and quiet I got to myself when I was born." I laugh at my joke as Ella disagrees.

"Fine, fine. You are right though having a twin is pretty nice. We know things about each other that no one else will ever know." I laugh after getting another glare from Ella.

Even though I'm miles upon miles away from her, I still am afraid of her wrath.

"What about me?!" Luke argues with a mouth full of ice cream. I almost forgot he was still there.

"Babe, no offense, but it's true. She got a whole 17 years' worth of secrets more than you do. It will be a lot of catching up to do." Ella says, patting him on the shoulder.

More knocking on my door startles me as Zoe and Sophia enter the room. I introduce them to my sister as well as the light conversation begins before it's time for us to get ready for the frat.

Ella tells us to be safe, and we all make sure to promise her we will before I hang up.

It warms my heart to see my friends and sister getting along so quickly, and it just shows how amazing my new friends are.

I know I have already said that about a thousand times by now but it's true.

I got really lucky.

"So what are you guys wearing to the party?" I ask, looking in my closet for something to say.

Saying I overpacked would be an understatement because the amount of clothing I brought was a bit embarrassing.

But hey? I prepare for every occasion. Nothing wrong with that.

"Something sexy for sure," Claire says, digging through her closet at the same time as I dig through mine.

Zoe and Sophia take a seat on the floor as they watch us dig through our closets.

"Wow, you guys brought a lot," Sophia says as she looks at the size of our wardrobes.

Claire and I share a look as we giggle.

Shopaholics for life.

Hey guys!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! What do you guys think of this book so far?

Were you surprised to get an Ella and Luke chapter so early?!

Hehe!! Get used to it because even though Ally is on the whole OTHER SIDE of the country, it doesn't mean I won't find ways to bring in my other characters :)

Love Y'all!!

-Juls