"Jesus Christ. Where'd he get drugs from?" He asked himself beneath his breath, looking down at his shoes as his mind ran in circles.

"I don't know, ask him yourself," Renna shrugged for the last time before turning around, sighing to herself as she continued up towards her bedroom.

Later that afternoon, she heard a knock at her window. With a glimpse in its direction and a laugh stifled beneath her breath, she walked over to it with a smile.

"You could have just used the door, you know?" Renna said after she'd opened the window, looking out at Kiara and Atticus balanced on the tiled roof of her house.

"I know, but we saw your dad's car in the drive. We didn't wanna risk seeing him," Atticus said with a grin.

"Well, what do I owe the pleasure?" She joked, leaning forward to rest her elbows against the windowsill.

"Can I have that pink jumper I left here a few weeks ago? I'm kinda cold, for the first time ever," Kiara asked cheerfully, Renna instantly moving towards her cupboard to grab it.

"Of course! Anything else?"

"Yeah, we're gonna go see a movie. You wanna come?" Kiara offered before shrugging her jacket on, flicking her hair out from beneath it.

"Is that even a question? It's so boring here," she laughed before reaching for the top of her opened window. "I'm going to use the front door though."

Upon their arrival, they were all taken aback. Whilst JJ, Atticus and Pope were sulking behind the pair, Kiara and Renna strode into the open space with glee, until they saw the amount of people there. It was hectic.

"I didn't realise so many people would be here," Renna muttered, her wide eyes rolling over the collection of people.

"I'm just glad that they're still doing this. Keep calm, carry on, back to OBX life. Aren't you guys glad that I made you come?" Kiara ranted with a grin.

"Ecstatic," Pope sarcastically replied, his hand tight around his foldout chair.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest," JJ nodded to himself.

"Yeah, I think Alex hates you now. I was playing cars with him before you came," Atticus mumbled as he held the rug slung over his shoulder.

"Well, I'm ecstatic to be here, Kiara," Renna smiled, knocking shoulders with the girl who turned to face her in response.

"Thanks, Renna-Benna. Come get drinks with me," she smiled before the two walked off, Renna waving to the three boys as Kiara dragged her away with an arm around her shoulder.

They approached the counter. "Hey, uh . . . can I get two Pepsis, please?" Kiara asked the man, before turning towards Renna. "Do you want anything?"

"Nah, it's okay." Kiara nodded.

"Hey, Kie, Renna! How are you two?" Rafe shouted as he walked up to them, the pair rolling their eyes before spinning around.

"I'm fine," Kiara smiled, tight-lipped.

"Good, good. Um- what about you, Ren?"

"Also fine," she nodded with a click of her tongue.

"That's great, um . . . tell your boys that we know what they did," he muttered as his tone dropped sternly, his eyes flickering between the two girls as their eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm sorry, who?" Renna asked as she shared a look with Kiara.

"They'll know," Rafe nodded as Kiara took the drinks and started to walk away, sneaking a hesitant look with Renna before parting ways. However, before the girl could follow, Rafe pulled her back.