A smile tugs at the corner of my lips as I think back to the show tonight and how I invited my mom on stage.

"Thank you for coming out tonight to see us," I say and smile when we get an applause.

We're nearing the end of our show and have a handful of songs left.

"For the next song, I'd like to invite the greatest woman on earth on stage with me."

The crowd erupts in screams and excited cheers when my mom's figure appears on stage. For someone who's nervous as fuck, she's holding herself together really well and walks on stage with confidence.

Once our eyes meet, she sends me a warm smile and I go to hug her.

"Say hello to Dallas, mom."

"Good evening," mom says and blushes when the crowd loses their mind over her.

"This is the woman who taught me how to sing," I tell them and take her hand, "I wouldn't be standing here if it weren't for her – and you guys."

Mom smiles shyly and blows the crowd a kiss. They blow her many more and shout at her that they love her and many more things.

Some even flirt with her.

"What's a... milf?" mom frowns at me.

I turn a bright red.

"Nothing important, mom."

We sang a song from our album together. Her voice is soft, a bit deeper than mine, and beautiful to listen to.

Dad stood by the side of the stage, watching her while being mesmerized as he intensely followed mom's every move.

After the show, mom and dad decided to take me out to dinner.

Dad wanted to go someplace fancy and spoil me, but I'd told him that I'm exhausted and just want to eat at the hotel.

I don't have the energy to go out and want to have the option to just head straight to my room and sleep.

Violet is meeting us at the restaurant, but she's going to be a bit late.

Dad has his arm wrapped around me when we enter the restaurant. Mom is on the other side of him, their hands entwined.

Upon entering the restaurant, I tell mom and dad to go pick a table while I go to the restroom.

"Fuck," I breathe once I enter the restroom. I splash some cold water in my face. Looking in the mirror, I take notice of the sweatpants and simple shirt I changed into after the show.

I'm so tired, but I don't want to disappoint my parents and just head to my room.

When I've freshened up, I walk out of the restroom and spot someone familiar standing at the bar.

"Kyle," I grin, and my eyes move to Ares leaning against the bar next to Kyle. My smile drops a bit, but I force it back.

"Hey Ella," Kyle smiles and gives me a hug. "I saw you perform with your mom. You were amazing, she's got such talent."

"Thank you, and I know! Mom is always so modest about her talent," I say and shake my head.

"When we're leaving for Houston tomorrow, you'll be on the bus with us," Kyle grins and pokes my side.

"You managed to make a mini-studio?" I chuckle.

"Much to Ares' dismay, yes."

For the first time, I move my eyes to Ares' who looks at me head-on, without flinching.