..................................................................................

A fifteen-year-old Newt and Thomas snuck to the roof of the compound. In all the years that they had become close to one another, Thomas knew in his heart that it was something more.

They laid down together staring up at the stars. Though the planet was devasted by the Sun, the night sky remained as beautiful as ever with its miraculous stares. Lying there together under a twinkling sky was their favourite activity together.

"What do you think gonna happen?" Newt wondered.

"I don't know," Thomas confessed. "Ava really makes me hesitate whether to trust her sometimes. But sometimes I don't know what to believe,"

Newt turned his head. "You don't always have to follow what she says," he comforted.

Thomas turned his head to him.

"You have to listen to what your heart tells you,'

Thomas smiled. "You've been so sweet to me Newt. Ever since we met. And you've always made me feel less alone whenever I wasn't allowed to see my brother,"

"And me my sister," he said back, earning a chuckle back.

Though he was enjoying the moment of humour, Thomas's smile dropped suddenly.

"What's wrong Tommy?"

"I'm scared that...something bad might happen to you. And I won't be there to save you,"

"Nothing's going to happen to me. And I won't let anything happen to you too,"

"I have something for you Newt," Thomas sat up and reached into his pocket revealing a green stone pendant. He handed it to Newt who took it affectionately. He traced the letters N + T with his fingers quivering from the feeling that had long flowed through his heart through all the times he had been secretly hanging out with Thomas, his closest confidant. "Thank you," he said. "I have something for you too," he reached into his pocket and pulled out a pendant that resembled the gift which Thomas had given him. Only the colour was blue, Thomas's favourite.

Thomas felt his heart soar as he traced the same initials on the pendant. "Thank you,"

"That way we will always be close. No matter what happens,"

"I will always treasure it,"

"And I will never take this off,"

The pair simultaneously tied their gifts around their necks. The colours blue and green, their favourite shone under the moonlight. It was at that moment that they both realised what had been blooming between them for years the closer they became. They drew closer, their lips touched...

                     ............................................................................

Thomas woke up very slowly. As his eyelids separated, he realised he wasn't on a bed of sand. He was being carried by his arms and legs. "Hey. Why am I being carried?"

The boys who were carrying him stopped and they settled him down. He saw that his carriers had been Newt, Minho and the hefty Frypan. Newt helped him up.

"Nice to see you finally woke up Sleeping Beauty," Frypan joked.

"What?" Thomas blabbered out a little tiredly.

Jorge came to them. "You literally fell asleep for over fifteen hours,"

"Fifteen hours?!" Thomas retorted loudly.