⁰⁴ 𝒄𝒂𝒓

"You ready to leave?" Bradley asked

Fallon smiled, "Yeah, am I staying at yours tonight?"

"Might as well," he shrugged.

They walked out of the Hard Deck and through the gravel lot, to his baby blue Bronco, both cracking tipsy jokes as they go.

"Are you cold? You look like you're shivering," Bradley observed

"Only a little, I'll be warm after I take your bed and kick you to the couch though," she retorted.

He chuckled before pulling her into a hug with her arms under his jacket, her back pressed to the Bronco.

"You feel like an ice cube," he joked.

She let out an airy laugh, just enjoying his presence. Being friends with him these past few weeks has been the most entertaining thing happening recently. She loved being around him, he made her feel weightless. She felt something for him, something different from Hangman, Phoenix, or Maverick. She wanted to be around him all the time, she wanted him.

She looked up at him, to find him looking down at her. He gave her a soft smile and she returned it.

The two found themselves leaning in, their lips colliding with a newfound passion.

The drinks they had previously may have fed into the moment they were sharing now but that wasn't what they were thinking about.

He picked her up and set her on the front of the Bronco, continuing the kiss.

The training was officially over for the day and all Colt wanted to do is go home. She slipped off her clothes and into the showers. The thoughts drained from her head.

She was beyond tired. Flying had really taken it out of her today. Her mind had been racing after her argument with Bradley. She couldn't wrap her head around what he said.

The towel wrapped around her body. She walked to her locker to get dressed.

He had no right to blame what he has on her.

She said goodbye to the lady in the lobby and was now walking to her precious car, Lady Red. Before she could reach for the car door handle, she heard the sound of Rooster's voice calling her name.

"Fallon" Rooster called out, walking up to the girl.

"What do you want now," Fallon snapped.

"Can you just talk to me like a normal person, instead of fighting with me?" Rooster looked at her with sorrow in his eyes.

Fallon sighed and looked up at him, "I don't know how I'm supposed to approach you, Bradley. You walked into my graduation party and embarrassed me in front of my friends and family by blaming me for something I had no part of or control over. Then you leave and I hear nothing from you for four years. Four fucking years. Then you walk into that bar and expect just to walk back into my life too?"

There was a moment of silence before he spoke, "I don't know what to say Fal"

"I don't need you to say anything Brad, I need you to leave it alone," she turned to open her door, but he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into his chest.

Her breath caught in her throat. He brought his face down, his lips lightly grazing hers. She could feel his breath against her mouth. He moved one hand to hold her hip and the other on the nape of her neck. Slowly he closed the gap. His lips were on fire. She turned her head to the side to deepen the kiss. He pushed her back up against the car. Their bodies were flush against each other.

Suddenly he pulled away, taking a step back. He looked like a deer in headlights, and then he turned and walked away with no words spoken.