vi, to the survivors!

CHAPTER SIX, to the survivors!

CHAPTER SIX,
to the survivors!

Everyone talked as they ate the food the group had found. Violet filled her plate and sat down, not realizing Carl was also there. "We haven't really, uh, properly met." He suddenly said making Violet shoot her head up. "I mean we were in a train car and, Uh, trying to get out." He shrugged and Violet nod. "Violet Ford." She smiled at him. She reached her hand for him to grab. "Carl Grimes, but I guess you already knew that." He said, shaking the girl's hand.

  "I still think Blue Eyes suits you better." She shook her head. Carl let out a small laugh. Violet continued eating, not bothered by the boy looking at her. Though she felt his eyes slowly moving away from the side of her head as he continued eating too. "Sorry, uh, I haven't really met someone my age in uh... a very long time." She told him, quickly sipping some off her water. A silence fell for a second. "Don't worry about it, I haven't either." Carl told her, nodding as he got back to his food.

"I'd like to propose a toast." Abraham suddenly spoke up, everyone slowly growing quiet. Violet sighed and lay down her plate, planting her face into the palm of her hands. "I look around this room and I see survivors. Each and every one of you has earned that title." He told them, smiling at the group as he raised his glass. "To the survivors." He said. Violet grabbed her bottle of water and raised it quickly. "Survivors!" The group repeated. "Cheers."

Abraham didn't sit down, Violet already knew what was going to come. "Is that all you want to be?" He asked them, everyone slowly looking up at him again. Violet sighed again as she leaned onto the palm of her hand. "Wake up in the morning, fight the undead pricks, forage for food, go to sleep at night, two eyes open, rinse and repeat?" He added, looking around the church as he finally caught Rick's eyes. "'Cause you can do that. I mean, you got the strength, you got the skill. Thing is, for you people, for what you can do, that's just surrender. Now we can get Eugene to Washington and he will make the dead die and the living will have this world again. And that is not a bad takeaway for a little road trip." He told them, looking around for people's reactions. Violet already knew the group was gonna stick together, one of them doesn't go means they all stay. This also ment bye, bye, Carl and, hello, walkman. "Eugene what's in DC?" He asked the man with the mullet.

Everyone looked up at him as he cleared his throat quietly. "Infrastructure constructed to withstand pandemics even of this fubar magnitude." He said, Carl looking at him confused and than at Violet who shrugged, she had never known exactly what this man was ever saying, the easiest way to not blow you're brain out after talking to him was ignoring him and just giving him a simple nod and a smile. "That means food, fuel, refuge. Restart." He explained. Violet tilted her head slightly as she frowned, that made sense. Right?

"However this plays out, however long it takes for the reset button to kick in, you can be safe there." Abraham told the group. Violet rested her head in her palm again as she listened to her father's speech. "Safer than you've been since this whole thing started." He assured them as he now looked at Rick again. "Come with us. Save the world for that little one." He said nodding towards the baby, Judith. "I'm doing it for my little one." He told them, giving Violet a quick smile as she gave him a small smile back. "Save it for yourselves. Save it for the people out there who got nothing left to do except survive."