Tricks and Treats

Start from the beginning

Yuji caught you with one hand before you landed. His other hand still somehow holding onto Mahito's arm which the curse stretched out to attack Yuji a little while ago. "Y/n?! I told you to be careful!"

"Yuji, you have holes in you and we are fighting a curse that stretches like string cheese. I can't believe you are scolding me right now."

"Are you okay?" He asked while looking you up and down.

You nodded as he let you down and he put both hands on the arm, preparing to get Mahito on level ground one way or another. "Yes Yuji, he just kicked me into stomach. I've been killed before, I can handle a few kicks."

Mahito appeared in front of the hole again, still in the building. "Hey you! The girl. Tell me your name!"

"I don't take orders from a fucking curse like you." You snapped back at him.

"Woah ho ho! Language lady!! You've got a loud mouth on you don't you? Are you all bark no bite? It seems you don't know when you should stop talking-

"You keep any talk about her out of your mouth you damn curse!" Yuji defended you while yelling at Mahito.

"Haha you jujutsu sorcerers. Always so protective, it's so sweet. I think I've seen you before girl but I don't know from where. You'll be dead soon enough anyway."

Yuji had figured out that there was somewhat a limit on the amount that Mahito's body could stretch. Now that Yuji was holding a part of Mahito's arm, the curse was able to send spikes straight through both of Yuji's hands.

But this just made Yuji continue to pursue him with more determination than ever before. He reached his hands forward to gather more of the arm and he started yanking to exacerbate the curse's body. "Your arm can't stretch forever!" Yuji spoke as he gritted his teeth. He was right. He finally pulled Mahito out from the building and sent him crashing into a window on ground level.

"You know, most people would've just let go!" Mahito said.

You glanced between the two of them. Yuji's not most people though.

Yuji punched the ground, leveling the surface and making a wave of dirt and rubble fly toward Mahito. This was an attempt to cloud the curse's vision. You followed Yuji to the best of your ability as your vision was limited too, but you could still use your ability to sense things.

Mahito was searching for Yuji through the smoke screen. Yuji appeared right next to him and punched him in the gut, but this is what Mahito wanted. He transformed his abdomen into multiple spikes, penetrating Yuji in many areas of his body. You were behind Yuji and quite close to him. As the dust screen dissipated, you were finally able to see Yuji's condition without hindrance. You were also lucky that you hadn't moved forward another inch because the spines went all the way through his body, and they were centimeters away from hitting you in the face.

By the time you could fully make out the situation, the hand of Mahito's was already placed on Yuji's chest, which means you just failed your duty...or did you?

"Ahh you could never beat me you know. So swap out already." The curse said with his hand on Yuji. Idle transfiguration...

You watched with a baffled countenance as Mahito's body soon jolted from shock and his eyes went wide. You knew something happened, but what?

(He's in Sukuna's domain but Y/n can't tell this obviously.)

Yuji placed his hands on Mahito's face and he spoke. "I'm not swapping out. I already told you, for what you did I will kill you!" And then, Itadori started going ham on Mahito, using his own head to bash Mahito's face to a pulp. The hate he had boiling up inside was extremely evident in his actions. He wanted this curse dead more than you ever could.