。forty eight 。

Start from the beginning

robin nodded, "i never thought of it like that. you're right. he's still hung up on her?"

"always has been, he just covers his feelings with hairspray." adella mumbled. "him and eddie would be better."

"they've known each other for, like, less than a day." robin laughed.

"who cares? you never spoke to me and apparently you really liked me." adella smirked.

robin blushed, "that's- that's not true."

"oh, it definitely is. but, me too." adella smiled.

"why didn't you say anything?" robin questioned.

"why didn't you?" adella shot back.

"because i'd verbally vomit everywhere or i'd stare at you like your face is offending me!" robin exclaimed making adella laugh again. "it's not, by the way. i like your face. i could've worded that so much better, oh my god. you have a nice face. that may be worse-"

"no, i get it. i like your face, too." adella stopped her rambling. "it's a nice face."

"if that's how i sound, please stop." robin chuckled.

"you don't like it? i mean, your words are practically poetry, mi amor. shakespeare could never." adella beamed making robin laugh again. "you should rewrite romeo and juliet. make it good."

"yeah, i'll make sure romeo stands under her window and yells, 'i like your face!' juliet will fall in love immediately. i mean, how could you resist those glorious words of love." robin gave a fake dreamy sigh, smiling at adella's laugh.

"you can't." adella hummed.

their conversation was cut short as max and lucas burst in saying how the lights were flickering. the group moved in front of a chandelier that was flickering, looking up at it with slight concern. nancy spoke quietly, "it's like the christmas lights."

"the christmas lights?" robin asked, her voice also quiet.

"yeah, when will was in the upside down, the lights... came to life." nancy said very cryptically.

"basically, he could communicate with joyce using lights, which happened to be christmas ones." adella simplified, still holding robin's hand tightly.

"vecna's here." lucas spoke up. "in this house. just on the other side."

the light went out and robin exhaled, "i think he just left the room."

"did he hear us?" max guessed. 

"can he see us?" steve inquired.

"headphones." lucas ordered max who hurriedly fumbled them back over her ears as robin sent a look of worry to adella who swallowed dryly.

"wait, wait." nancy spoke up again. "everyone, turn off your flashlights and spread out."

"we're not gonna be able to see if we turn off our..." steve trailed off when everyone did as nancy said, "lights. jesus christ."

they all spread out to different places and robin's torch lit up, "i got him! got him! i got him!" the light flickered out a second later. "i-i had him."

steve's lit up next, "oh, whoa. oh, i think he's moving. yes moving. he's moving!" the group followed after steve who led them upstairs with the torch which was still flickering, signalling some kind of presence from the upside down. they got to the top of the stairs and it went out, "i lost him."

"no, you didn't." max denied and opened another door to see distant light which could be heard flickering. max went around the corner and ip the stairs which led to an attic.

"it's an attic. of course it's an attic." robin mumbled as she went up after max and steve, adella, nancy and dustin behind them.

"hold up, guys." dustin called, dragging his steps. "what if he's leading us into a trap? guys, guys." they didn't listen. "shit. shit, shit, shit, shit." in the attic, the main light was flickering and they all looked up at it before dustin's torch lit up. "flashlights."

everyone's torch was lighting up and they held it up, pointing to the ceiling.

"okay, it's happening." steve mumbled.

silence went though the attic before the bulbs of the torches suddenly shattered, exploding in their faces. dustin's was first and max yelped when hers burst, adella flinching back when he's followed. as their torches exploded, they moved back away from them, still holding onto the handles, not knowing patrick had just died in above lovers lake...

and that adella was next. 

{1100}

i hope someone else understands this and how funny it is to me