𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

Start from the beginning

Alex and Peter just watched her for a moment longer as she turned her attention back to the rest of their team. After the two of them exchanged another wide-eyed look, they grabbed their bags and walked out of the library. The two of them walked through the empty halls toward their destination. After turning down another hall, Peter began heading to the door that led into the boys' bathroom while Alex stopped a few yards away. As soon as the Parker boy realized he was no longer being followed, he turned around to face the speedster before sending her a confused look.

"I'm not going in there," Alex stated, only for Peter to continue to blankly stare at her before the former pointed toward the sign, "that's the boys' bathroom, Peter. Last I checked, I'm not a boy."

"Come on, we gotta meet whoever sent the message," the Parker boy retaliated while the speedster stayed in her place without moving an inch, "no one's gonna know you were even in there."

The Easton girl just stared at him for a moment longer before letting out a defeated sigh. A smirk made its way onto Peter's face as she approached him before the two of them entered the boys' bathroom. As soon as they made it inside, a man dressed in a black suit turned around to face them with a small smile on his face. Alex looked at the man with confusion in her eyes, not knowing exactly who the man in front of her was, while Peter watched him in shock. Silence surrounded them for a moment longer before the Parker boy found the courage to break it.

"Hey, Happy," he greeted, making a small wave of realization wash over Alex at the name, "what-what are you doing here?"

"I really owe both of you one," the man responded before letting out a chuckle, "I don't know what I would do without this job. I mean, before I met Tony-"

Happy's words were cut off by the sound of one of the toilets flushing. The speedster instantly squeezed her eyes shut in annoyance while the two males awkwardly stood around. When Alex reopened her eyes, she found a boy staring at the three of them in confusion as he washed his hands. An uneasy silence surrounded them as they watched and waited for the boy to finish up. After grabbing a towel to dry off his hands, the boy walked around Alex and Peter toward the exit while looking at the trio with confusion in his eyes. As soon as he was gone, the two teens turned their attention back to Happy.

"So, uh, how long have you been here?" Peter uncomfortably asked, causing the man in front of them to let out a long sigh.

"Long enough to be awkward. Boss wants to see you," the brunette man told them, causing all emotion to leave Alex's body as she thought back to the last conversation she had with Tony Stark.

While the Easton girl reminisced in the memory, a shocked look appeared on Peter's face as he pointed toward the bathroom stalls and whispered, "is he here too?"

"In the toilet? No, he's upstate," Happy told them before he noticed the blank expression on the Easton girl's face, "don't worry, Speedy. You're not in trouble this time."

"Wait, upstate? Like, upstate-upstate?" Peter questioned while the brunette man walked past him and Alex and toward the door.

"Yeah, let's go."

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

Alex and Peter stood side by side in the lobby of the new Avengers facility as they stared out the window and watched a jet take off. An indescribable feeling washed over the speedster, who was still having a hard time accepting where she actually was. As soon as the plane was out of sight, the two teens turned back around to face the large Avengers logo plastered on the wall behind them. If Alex called Charlie and Pietro right now and told them where she was, she doubted they would believe her.