xxi. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭, 𝐂𝐚𝐬

"Geared up like the freaking murdering psycho that haunts every book i've ever accompanied to my brain

"Geared up like the freaking murdering psycho that haunts every book i've ever accompanied to my brain." Cassie pulled her goggles on, holding her spear in hand. "How do I appear to the public eye?"

"Oh, pure perfection." Dustin nodded.

"Like a model, Cas." Eddie agreed.

"Be carful." Dustin looked to Steve.

"Thanks buddy." he touched his shoulder before jumping up on the rope, in the middle of Eddie's trailer, climbing up and flipping onto the other side. "Hey, Cassie?"

"Yeah?" she looked up.

"Woah. What does he want us to do, applaud?" Robin looked at Nancy with a half grin.

"Think I could take the pink light again?" Steve asked her with a small squint.

"Positively sure that'll be okay in my mind." she said in return, climbing up the bedsheets with a small grunt, Robin and Nancy making sure she didn't fall. Steve caught her as she flipped to the Upside Down, steadying her as she held the light out. "For you, kind sir."

"Why thank you." Steve took it, the remaining group following after the two moved a mattress for them to fall on. He helped Nancy to her feet. "Gotchu."

Cassie rose an eyebrow as she looked between the pair. "Isn't Jonathan such a lovely soul?"

That broke them apart and put a major space. Cassie smiled at herself as she looked up, catching Dustin's bag before he came down after Robin and Eddie. Nancy took the lead in leaving the trailer, Cassie taking Dustin's hand with a small smile.

"Hey, guys, listen." Steve turned back to look at the lingering trio. "If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just-"

"Decoys." Dustin and Steve said on sync.

Cassie slapped Steve's arm. "Ugh, how rude. Jonathan happens to believe i'm the most brilliant person alive and spoke, with his mouth, that he'd want me to accompany him if a war ever breaks out."

"You know I was talking about your handy men." Steve reassured her, nodding to Eddie and Dustin. "Jonathan knows what he's talking about, apparently."

"I happen to whole heartingly agree." Cassie nodded her head. "Perhaps we'll allow you to be crowned the hero this time, Steven. You do happen to be blessed and gifted with my flashlight."

"Shes right. I mean, look at us." Eddie looked to Dustin with a laugh. "We are not the hero's. Cassies about all we've got going for us."

She touched her heart. "See, Steve? You need to step up your game."

"Yeah? Make sure you give me the chance to then." Steve nodded down at her, turning and following Nancy and Robin. Nancy lingered on Cassie with a little nod, choosing to trust her in the care of Dustin and Eddie.