x. 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike explained, the group huddled around the fountain in the middle of Star Court. Max sat with El and Hopper, Lucas and Cassie together.

"And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy spoke alongside her brother.

"How big is this thing?" Hopper looked at the teens in questioning.

"It's big." Jonathan nodded his head. "Thirty feet, at least."

"Yeah. It sorta destroyed your cabin." Lucas frowned over at Hopper, an apologetic look across his face. "Sorry."

"Truly, the biggest apologies we have." Cassie nodded her head with an exhale.

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic...weapon?" Steve gave an odd, questionable look.

"Yes." Nancy nodded.

"But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon... with melted people." Steve confirmed, the odd tone in his words still there.

"Exactly." Nancy agreed.

"Yeah, okay. Yeah, i'm just making sure." Steve nodded his head in confirmation.

"Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce asked, confusion across her face with deeply frowned eyebrows.

"El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive." Max shrugged from in the middle of Steve and Lucas.

"But if we close the gate again-" Will began.

"We cut the brain off from the body." Max rose an eyebrow with a nod of her head.

"And kill it." Lucas grinned. "Theoretically."

"Yoo-hoo !" Murray called, running their way and flapping the papers in his hands. He slapped them down infront of them. "Okay, this is what Alexei called the hub. Now, the hub takes us to the vault room."

"Okay, where's the gate?" Hopper leaned over him.

"Right here. I don't know the scale on this, but I think it's fairly close to the vault room, maybe fifty feet or so." he explained, circling his finger around the small map.

"More like 500." Erica added in, getting a weird look. "What? You're just gonna waltz in there like it's commie Disneyland or something?"

"She's very much correct." Cassie had to agree.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Murray looked down at her.

"Erica Sinclair. Who are you?" she gave him a sassy look.

"Murray...Balman." he hesitated, staring at the young girl.

"Listen, Mr.Bunmam, i'm not trying to tell you how to do things, but i've been down in that shithole for 24 hours. And with all due respect, you do what this man tells you, you're all gonna die." Erica looked around at the group with a point of her finger.