xx. 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬

"Whatever you guys are doing up there, hurry up!" Steve's yells echoed around Eddie's trailer

"Steve says you need to hurry!" Erica came toward the room.

"No shit!" Dustin hollered.

"We're trying. We can't find anything." Max panicked.

"Positively failing miserably!" Cassie began throwing a bunch of stuff over her shoulders, not noticing they were hitting each of her friends every time.

"Seriously, what is all this shit!" Robin panicked.

"What are you even looking for?" Eddie asked quickly, wincing as Cassie accidentally tossed an old set of headphones at him.

"Beatles, Blondie, Bowie. Music! We need music!" Robin yelled up at him.

"This is music!" Eddie shouted loudly.

"Eddie, relax your senses and help me search!" Cassie grabbed his arm and drug him to her.

"Hey!" Steve's yells caught their attention. "She's okay!"

They all went running, Lucas and Cassie bumping into each other as they made it to the gate, looking up at Nancy's panicked eyes.

"It's okay." Steve comforted her. "It's okay. I'm here. I'm right here."

Cassie knew that Jonathan Byers was her favorite person. She'd always loved Jonathan, maybe because they were similar in a very different way. So, when he got with Nancy, she was the first to know. That being said, it developed a bond with Nancy and Cassie as well. Meaning, when Nancy was in desperate need of comfort, Cassie was there to put an arm around her and hold her cup. "He showed me things that haven't happened yet. The most awful things. I saw...a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this...this giant creature with a gapping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes. And then...he showed me my mom. And Holly. Mike. And they... they were all..."

"Okay, but...he's just trying to scare you, Nance." Steve looked over at the pair. He was the one to comfort Nancy at first but was soon shoved away and Cassie took over. "It's not real."

"Not yet." her eyes shifted his way slightly. "But there...there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer but...they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins. Our home."

"Four chimes." Max spoke up, Cassie turned her head to her. "Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times. Four exactly."

"I heard them too." Nancy agreed, her voice louder to Cassie considering they were so close.

Cassie and Lucas shared a look as she inhaled. "No one voice what their suffocating thoughts are trying to s-"

Max cut her off. "He's been telling us his plan this whole time."