"Please don't spill the watermelon!" Harry calls, but he doesn't get a response.

"Hi baby," Louis fondly says before kissing his husband, since they are alone for the first time since 7:00 in the morning.

"Hi. The meeting didn't run that long after, huh?" He says.

"Yeah, I wasn't sure how long it was gonna take, though," he replies. "So, thirteenth birthday. What are we thinking? How many kids are you comfortable having over?" Louis and Harry are somewhat hesitant about hosting Harper's party at their house, since they don't want to draw attention to their family. They have tried to keep Harper out of the public eye and away from tabloids and paparazzi, but it is becoming harder to do so the older she gets.

"Well, how many people do you think she'll invite? And the sleepover is only girls, just so we're clear."

"Oh, of course," Louis vehemently agrees. "Boys can come to the party, right?" He asks for clarification, trying to sound like a reasonable parent.

"Yeah, just not the sleepover," Harry nods. "So how many people should we say c-" Harry is cut off by a shriek coming from upstairs. Louis and Harry look at each other for a second, their eyes wide and faces full of concern, before darting upstairs.

"Harper?" Louis calls, not knowing where his daughter is.

"In here." Harry waves Louis over from outside of Harper's bedroom. They walk through Harper's room and stop outside her bathroom door, Louis anxiously gripping Harry's bicep.

"Honey, are you okay?" Louis asks as Harry lightly knocks on the door.

"I'm bleeding," she frantically says after a few seconds of silence. Harry feels dizzy at Harper's words; she has just gotten her first period.

Louis and Harry have talked about it with Harper on and off ever since her eleventh birthday, since they knew it was coming. When she turned twelve and still hadn't gotten her period, they became worried. However, Gemma and Louis' sisters told them it was normal.

Their sisters and mothers have educated them about menstruation, but now that it's actually happening, both boys' minds have gone blank.

"Um, uh..." Harry stutters, not knowing what to say. Louis smacks Harry's arm, successfully shutting him up.

"That's not making her feel any better," Louis harshly whispers.

"Well you didn't have to hit me!" Harry replies in the same hushed tone. Both boys attentively turn their attention back to Harper when they hear her crying.

"What do I do?" Harper asks her dads. Both boys look at each other, until Harry suddenly pulls out his phone and dials a phone number.

"I'm calling Gemma. Talk to Harper," Harry whispers before leaving the room.

"Okay, um, remember when Aunt Lottie was over and she talked to you about periods? Do you remember what she said?" Louis sits on the carpet as he asks, hoping to refresh Harper's mind and get her to calm down.

"She said it happens once a month, and you have to use pads and tampons and stuff," Harper sniffles.

"Okay, good," Louis says. He frantically searches his mind for other things to say, until Harry comes back in the room.

"Aunt Gemma's on her way, okay Harper? She's gonna help you," Harry reassures his daughter before joining Louis on the floor.

"O-Okay," she sighs.

"This is completely normal, darling. It means you're becoming a woman-"

"Stop, you're making it worse," Harper whines.