Chapter One - The Beginning

May 7, 2009.
It's been almost two years since Sephiroth was defeated. It's also been almost two years since Aerith's death. I've been staying with Tifa at the new 7th Heaven Bar in Edge, the city built near the ruins of Midgar. We've been getting a lot of customers. I've even started a delivery service for the bar. It's been useful getting food and drinks to customers far across Edge. Though, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss Aerith, along with the rest of AVALANCHE, since we haven't seen each other in almost two years now. Anyways, I'll write again tomorrow. -Cloud.
Cloud closed his journal, sighed, and went downstairs. He saw Tifa behind the counter, serving drinks to customers. He leaned on the wall by the stairs. Tifa looked over and saw Cloud. She smiled at him briefly before turning back to serve another drink. Cloud then walked towards the door. He opened it and walked outside. The streets of Midgar Edge were filled with the usual noises and sights of people walking, vehicles driving past, and children running. He turned back, and went inside. As he went inside, someone in a black hood followed him in. The black hooded man sat at the counter.
"Welcome to Seventh Heaven bar, how may I help you?" Tifa asked the black hooded man. Cloud was standing nearby when the black hooded man spoke.
"A hard drink for me." Said the black hooded man. Cloud overheard the man talking, and thought he sounded familiar. He walked a bit closer to the bar counter.
"All right." Tifa said. "Give me just a minute, and I'll be right back with your drink." As Tifa went to go make the drink, Cloud came up and sat down two seats away from the man. The black hooded man took notice, and shot a quick glance at Cloud. After a minute, Tifa came back with the man's drink. She set it down on the counter in front of the man.
"That'll be 150 Gil." Tifa said. The man reached into his pocket, and pulled out the money. Cloud was side-eyeing the man from his seat. Tifa saw Cloud sitting at the counter, and walked over to him.
"What about you, Cloud?" Tifa asked. "Would you like a drink?" Cloud was startled by Tifa, and jumped a little.
"Sure." Cloud said. "The usual." When Cloud spoke, the man shot another glance at him. Cloud noticed this one, and glanced back at the man.
"Alright." Tifa said. "I'll be back with your drink in a minute." When Tifa walked away, Cloud spoke to the man.
"Hey, you sound kinda familiar to me." Cloud said to the man. "Is there any chance I might know you?" The man looked over at Cloud.
"Well, of course." The man said back to Cloud. "You're Cloud Strife of Strife Delivery Service."
"I mean, besides that." Cloud said. "I meant kind of in a personal way. Maybe old acquaintances?" When Cloud has finished talking, Tifa had came back with his drink.
"Here you go Cloud." Tifa said, passing him the drink. Tifa went over to the next person at the counter, and Cloud continued talking to the man.
"You know," Cloud said. "I might be able to recognize you without that hood on. It covers up your face."
"Alright." The man said. He grabbed the hood and pulled it back. Cloud was surprised.
"Been a while, hasn't it Cloud?" The man said. It was Cid Highwind of Rocket Town, a member of AVALANCHE. Tifa came back over to them, clearly also surprised.
"Cid? Is that really you?" Tifa asked. Cid grinned.
"In the living, breathing flesh. I came by on the Highwind to check out the ruins of Midgar, and found this place. I landed the Highwind just outside, and stumbled across this bar. I had a feeling you two would be here, so I pulled the hood stunt to see how long it would take for one of you to recognize me. I guess it didn't take that long, huh?"
"Yeah, I guess not." Cloud said. "It's hard to forget a voice like yours, Cid." They continued to talk some more, with Tifa serving other guests. After a while, it was time for the Seventh Heaven to close. The other customers left, and Tifa went to put up the sign saying it was closed. When she came back in, she had an idea. She walked towards Cloud and Cid, and explained her idea.
"Hey, I just had an idea." Tifa said. "What if we took the Highwind to try and find the other AVALANCHE members? Wouldn't it be nice to see what everyone's been up to these past few years?" Cid and Cloud considered Tifa's idea, then Cid spoke.
"That's a damn good idea, Tifa." Cid said. "But, before we do that, I'd like to get a bit of rest, y'know?"
"We have some spare beds upstairs." Cloud said. "You could sleep there, and then we could leave first thing tomorrow morning." Cid and Tifa agreed. Cid went to the spare room, Tifa went to her room, and Cloud went to his. The next morning, Tifa made some coffee, and after they finished their drinks, Cid lead them towards the Highwind. They climbed aboard, and set off to find the other members of AVALANCHE, wherever they might be.