Gin's Friendship Socks

It was a pleasant Saturday morning. Gin woke up early so he could play his favorite game, Animal Jam, on his crusty iPad. He had fun, dressing up his animals and also almost getting scammed. But soon it turned from 8am to 2pm. Gin was bored now, so he decided to go on google to search up more Animal Jam content.

Low and behold, he finds a link to an Animal Jam account. What's weird about it, is that the link has some sort of cryptic message that says "Twitter" on it. So out of curiosity, Gin clicks the link. Gin scrolls down and down to find more Animal Jam posts. He enjoys looking at the posts so he decides to download Twitter. Gin decides to keep his Twitter username as his Animal Jam username, "woofandmeowz21".

After a few days of using Twitter, Gin follows a lot of Animal Jam accounts. After looking at a couple of profiles, he finds a person with the username "soupsodashin." He's followed by some other accounts Gin already follows, so what's the harm in following this guy too? He seemed to talk about Animal Jam a lot anyway, so there's no problem in seeing his content. Gin decides to check soupsodashin's latest post.

soupsodashin tweeted: i forgot to buy the friendship socks from last rare item monday does anyone have them and are willing to trade them please :grin:

woofandmeowz21 replied to his tweet with: I gkot the rar socks!! I will trade w u!!

After that, soupsodashin begins talking to Gin in DMs. After they friend each other on Animal Jam, and make the trade, they decide to talk some more. Soupsodashin reveals his real name is "Shin" (shocker). After a good 30 minutes of talking, Shin suggests an idea.

soupsodashin: hey gin, would you like to talk more on a different platform? like, discord?

woofandmeowz21: Wuz dat, woof?

soupsodashin: ah,, you don't know what discord is?? it's another messaging service. i assume you don't have a phone so i thought it would be easier to talk there

Shin helps Gin make a discord account. It takes Gin 10 minutes to realize how to friend Shin. After they begin talking on Discord, Shin brings up something he's been thinking about for a while now..

soupsodashin: hey would you ever want to make a server together? you could make more friends like me, and we could talk about animal jam all the time

woofandmeowz21: That sound so cool, woof! But hw do we mak it, meow?

soupsodashin: don't worry, gin, I can do all of the hard work. but how about this? you can be co-owner, and you can also name the server

woofandmeowz21: Hmmmm wut should I name it meow?? I got a idea! How abut "Gin's furry server"?!?!

soupsodashin: yknow. sure.

And thus, Gin's furry server was born. Gin made the server icon mew-chan, his plushie. Additionally, Shin decided to invite his good friend, Sou, whose username was "greenmid_ori". He said like one word and then never came back online, but that's okay. Shin wanted more people to join the server, but he wasn't sure how good he would be at advertising, because his 200 followers on twitter never even looked at his posts.

So alas, Shin asked Gin if he'd be able to advertise the "furry" server to more people. Not only because no one ever looked at Shin's posts, but he'd also feel really embarrassed trying to advertise a furry server. So Gin knew what he had to do... But you don't!

To be continue?