2. Kidnapped

مرنے سے پہلے مر گئے تھے۔

جینے سے کچھ ایسے ڈر گئے تھے۔

***

They died before they died.

Some were so frightened of living.

***

Hooriya took a long shower to relax. She looked dull and worn out, if Maalik saw dark circles under her eyes, he would go mad. She didn't have breakfast because she wasn't hungry. She did her makeup and hair for today's mehfil (gathering). Changing into a heavy ghagra choli (long skirt with blouse) she was ready for the day.

She quietly trekked out of her room. With her head bowed down, she immediately passed through the dimly lit corridors, taking the stairs until she reached the main hall where Maalik was waiting for her.

Other girls were also there with whom she had to perform. Today she had to dance at three gatherings. Maalik stood up and strode past her to the front door when there was a loud bang and the big doors burst open.

Everyone gasped and a few of the girls shrieked as everyone stepped back, their eyes wide as they goggled at the number of men dressed in black; crowding in the place.

"What is happening here?" Maalik asked in anger as one of those guys walked further. He was dressed in a black crisp shirt and dress pants. He had piercing blue eyes as he surveyed the whole place.

"I'm looking for a girl," the man said calmly but in no way did this look normal. It didn't seem like he was here just to get a girl with that army of men.

"You can give me your address sir, I'll send one at your place," Maalik said calmly. The man shook his head.

"I need the girl who was with Zeeshan Saifi last night," the man said.

All the blood drained out of Hooriya's body as she stumbled a step back. All eyes instantly fell on her and her heart dropped.

Maalik arched his brow at the blue-eyed man. "She is expensive," Maalik mused, ready to earn wads of cash at the moment.

"I'm not paying," the man snickered and the next thing he motioned at one of his men who immediately stalked towards Hooriya.

Her eyes widened and she stepped back, she shook her head at the man but when he didn't stop, she opted to make a run to her room but before she could even reach the first step of stairs, the man grabbed her, earning a shrill cry from her. She tried to struggle wildly as that goon dragged her to that blue-eyed man.

"You cannot take her without money," Maalik hissed as he came forward to get Hooriya back but the blue-eyed man thwarted his way.

"Do you know who has sent me here? Do you know who the f*ck I am?" The man sniggered, causing Maalik to flinch back. Maalik froze as he saw a tribal tattoo of a scorpion on that man's wrist.

Maalik stumbled a step back, his face blanched as he didn't breathe. The blue-eyed man smirked and turned to leave.

"No! Stop! Let me go!" Hooriya screamed wildly as she struggled but to no avail. She stared at Maalik pleadingly who came back to his senses and ran after her.

"W...what does he want from her?" Maalik asked scared, now knowing fully well, that the man he was talking to wasn't an ordinary guy. He was right in command of the most ruthless mafia boss in the nation.