Chapter 1

Chapter 1

My life is a disaster. Any normal 16-year-old teenager would kill to have a life like mine. I mean, wouldn't you just LOVE to be a hot, clever, popular, sporty, not to mention EXTREMELY RICH, girl? In fact, I think the only reason that I am all those things, is because my parents are like, MEGA rich. Wouldn't you just love to live in a huge mansion which includes 6 rooms, 2 huge swimming pools, a jacuzzi, a mini water park thingy AND a guesthouse? And that's not it. There's a lot more. There may be a lot of very rich people in Starlene (a city in the middle of the pacific ocean, kind of an island, on which I must live on until I am 18), but I think our family may be the richest. And Starlene is a huge city. And wouldn't you just love to have the world's hottest boyfriend, who's your school's popular guy? The answer to all those questions is probably yes. But in my world, being who I am is torture.

Let me give you a little description so that you can get a better view:

My name is Ashley Moonlight, I am a 16-year-old teenager, and I live in the fabulous city of Starlene. I have blond hair, a bit past my shoulders, green eyes and a 'beautiful' face. Or so everyone says so. I love surfing, singing, dancing, tennis, reading, and being in nature.

My mom is Jessica Moonlight, and she is a famous supermodel. It's weird having a mom who is 33 and walks along lit-up catwalks every day, wearing the most elegant designer dresses. My dad, Mark Moonlight (aged 35), has a more normal job. But then, It's not the kind of job that anyone has. My dad is the famous DIRECTOR of the film Gimme More. He's in Hollywood right now, working on some new film, soon to be released, and he's coming back in three days. So, he'll be back on the 14th April, since today is the 11th. I actually kind of miss him. It's been almost two weeks since he'd gone. But I'm getting used to it now, as he goes off quite often to direct films. All over the world.

But anyway, back to describing my horrible life. So, my fantastic boyfriend is Josh Mellor. His dad is the manager of the surfing competitions thingy that I go to. I have been surfing since I was 6, so that's 10 years now. I have won the competitions 4 years in a row, because you have to be 12 to enter. I don't even know if I really like Josh. The only reason we're going out is kind of just because it's kind of meant to be. Not like, wer're meant to be together, but it's what the school expects. Head girl, head boy. Popular girl, popular guy. It's just how it will always be, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

But anyway, I have a little sister, Abbie, who's 4. She's is the cutest thing ever, with her white-blond hair, and her short fringe. She's my only sibling. And she is sooo CUTE!!! As you have probably noticed, my mom got pregnant with me when she was 16. She was very young, and even after that, she continued her job as fantabulous supermodel, Jessica Moonlight.

Other than my parents and my sister, the only person I trust, the only person I believe likes me for who I really am, is Katelyn Starshine (otherwise known as Kate), who is my BMF. She is a sweet girl who supports me, but can at times be VERY annoying. But then, so are all best friends.

At school, I am always surrounded by people who keep asking me for stuff. In lessons, people always want tos it next to me (but the seat is taken by Kate, hah!). At lunch, all of the OTHER popular people sit all around me, on what people call the 'popular' table. There's also the nerd table, the bitch table, the player table, the football table, the geek table, and the normal tables which are just for normal boring people. I am never even allowed to sit on a table other than the popular one, or else I have people moaning and pulling me away. Sometimes, when we are lucky, me and Kate get the mini table, which is only for two people, and so no-one else can sit with us. But sometimes, even then do people sit on the floor next to us and suck at their drinks, slurping my ears out. At break, swarms of people are crowded around me, talking over each other to get my attention, and so, me and Kate are forced to stay inside, hiding in my private locker room (which my dad payed for, since he (and mom!) is mega rich).