Xo Six Xo

Esmè sat in the hospital as they waited for news on Grace. Esmè blamed herself for all the drama. And all that had happened.

Esme looked to Carla. She frowned. "Is this my fault? For what I did?" She asked.

Carla looked to her and frowned.  "None of this is your fault. I know how messy that things have been. But I promise you now. You have been through a lot. But none of it is your fault," she said as Esmè looked to her and smiled.

They looked up to see Nick as he walked over to where they were sitting. Esmè looked to him and smiled. "Is she okay?"

"Grace is okay. But she lost the baby," he said as Esmè looked to him and frowned.

She knew how bad that she felt. She knew that the only reason Grace went after Robert was because of her. And what happened. She knew just how bad that she felt because of it.

Esmè hated knowing how her sister lost her baby because of her. "Is she okay?" She asked.

"She's upset. But she will be okay," Nick said as Esmè sighed to herself.

She hated knowing what her sister was going through.

****

Esmè sat in the cafe. She looked to see Adam as he walked in and smiled. He walked over to her. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Esmè nodded. "I'm okay. I'm just worried about my sister. My mum sent me home. She said she'd be home soon. This is all my fault," she said.

Adam sat with her and frowned. "That she lost her baby? It's not your fault. I know what Robert did to you. I know how he used you. This it isn't your fault. It is his."

Esmè looked to him and smiled. "I just hate this. I think if I said no to him, if I tried. Then it wouldn't have happened," she said.

Adam placed a hand on top of her's.He smiled. "Robert used you and abused you. You're a kid and he's an adult. He used you and you don't deserve that. You deserve someone who will treat and respect you for as great as you are," he said as Esmè looked to him and smiled.

She knew how great it was to hear him say all of these things. But she felt as if she didn't deserve it. Any of it.

****

Esmè got back to the hospital. She walked into Grace's room. She smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" Grace asked.

Esmè looked to her and smiled.  "Shouldn't I be asking you the same thing?"

Grace smiled. "Come here," she said as Esme climbed into the bed. Grace held her close. She hugged her. "I know you. You are my baby sister. I know you're blaming yourself. But none of this is your fault. I promise. But I am here. It's all going to be okay. I'll be okay. We'll get through it."

"But you lost a baby," Esmè said as she wiped away some tears.

Grace smiled. "And one day I'll have one. It wasn't the time. And the only person to blame is Robert. I promise you. You are my baby sister. And he will pay for all he has done," She said as Esmè smiled.

Unaware of how serious Grace was for revenge.