𓆉 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝚆𝙾

Start from the beginning

"I know." She snickered.

"You didn't understand what I wanted to convey?" He grinned.

She grimaced at him "I know I'm an idiot but you don't have to remind it to me- YAHH!"

Minji yelled in shock as Jake started to immerse the paddle board in the water, which resulted in the canoe moving in a direction.

"You should have at least give a warning." She calmed herself and tucked her hair behind her ears "What did you mean about your phone?"

"The meaning is we will take a picture here and then I will print-

"You'll print it and then we'll hang it on the wall of memories! Oh my gosh, I really want to be on that wall." She widened her eyes, feeling excited.

He just smiled then picked up his phone, including Minji on the screen "Smile, okay?" He counted to three and they snapped their very first photo together.

Jake checked it first then nodded "Perfect." He put the phone back in his pocket and held the paddles again.

"Jake."

He glanced at her and hummed "Hm."

"What if Layla and I drowned. Who will you save and who will you ignore?"

He looked at her in disbelief "What kind of question is that? Don't ask because I won't answer." He continued paddling, ignoring her question. 

Her lips formed into a thin line, obviously making him feel sorry "I guess, you don't care about us and your dear dog. You'll just let us drown and die-

He sighed deeply, "Layla is the one I will save, isn't it obvious?"

"Fine with me as I also want to drown ..." She paused for a moment "Drown myself in you." She laughed quietly but stopped when she saw his blank face.

She smiled bitterly, "Forget it, I know it's lame."

"No. It's so funny." Jake laughed out loud "My reaction was just a bit late." 

She rolled her eyes pouting as she felt droplets of water on her arm "Huh?" She looked up "Is it raining? But the sun is still shining, what's wrong with the weather nowadays?" 

Jake looked around and saw a raincoat near him "Here, put it on. We need to go back before the wave gets stronger."

She didn't protest anymore and immediately put it on, Jake quickly paddled back to the sand. Minji closed her eyes and covered her ears because of the lightning lighting up the sky and thunder roaring above them.

After the canoe landed on the sand, a huge yacht appeared. There were people coming down with a black umbrella that you thought was going to a funeral.

"They're here already?" Jake mumbled, but when he saw the gun hanging freely on their pockets, he swore to god he would avoid looking at their eyes.

"Uh- who are they?" To Minji's surprise, she couldn't see the guests much because of the fog.

A little while later, a silhouette approached them carrying an extra black umbrella, the fog cleared and Min Yoongi's familiar face appeared.

"You're drenched, Jake Sim." He opened the umbrella and handed it to the young man.

"Yoongi Oppa?! And why are you here-"

"Ahn Minji! Did you enjoy your vacation?" The politician approached next, never taking his eyes off the white mansion.

"Dad?! What the fuck are you doing here?!" Her eyes widened at what she just blurted out. Her so-called father was also shocked but sarcastically laughed. 

"You need to go home, Ahn Minji." Jeon Ji nodded at Yoongi, as if signaling to accompany her to the yacht.

But then, his gaze stopped at Jake who was glaring at the old man "Before that, you should thank Jake Sim first. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have found you." Jeon Ji has a smug grin on his face.

Minji shakes her head, agitated "No, he didn't." She held her hand and looked into his eyes, which quickly avoided hers "I know you wouldn't do that, I believe you."

"But, I did. I did it, Ahn Minji!" Jake yelled at her. "I was the one who called your father."

Minji let out a bitter laugh and felt a slight pang in her chest. She felt tears brimming on her eyes but he quickly wiped them away. "Summer break isn't over yet, Sim."

She approached him "You broke your promise, I really hate you Jake." She whispered right next to his ear, but even so you could feel anger and sadness in her voice.

"You can't hate me, I did this for your own good." Guilt slowly building up on him.

Minji couldn't believe everything that was happening as well as the last thing the person she liked just said. With one last look at Jake, she ran to the yacht on her own.

Jake watched her back slowly disappearing in the fog, as he kept telling himself that he had done the right thing.

He was surprised when someone patted his shoulder, he looked at it and it was Yoongi who immediately followed his step sister.

Jeon Ji watched Jake who was still looking at the yacht "Well done, kid." He chuckled and walked away.