"Sorry to bother you, Señora," said Camilo. "But I came to tell you that Hanna will be staying over at the Casita tonight."

Mrs. Engel blinked at him. "Is that so?" she asked.

"Si. She'll have her own room," Camilo said. "And...she'll come back in the morning..."

Mrs. Engel paused. "And Amalia? Have you seen her, by chance?" she asked.

"No, Señora," Camilo answered, truthfully. "But my sister told me to tell you that she's okay. She hears everything and all that."

Mrs. Engel nodded slightly. "I see," she said; her voice sounded tired. "Alright then. I'll take your word for it. This is a pretty safe place. I appreciate you telling me."

Camilo nodded back at her. "Is there... anything else you feel like you need to know?" he asked.

Mrs. Engel paused in thought before she asked, "I don't suppose you could tell me why Amalia and Hanna were fighting?"

Camilo shook his head in surprise. "What? They were fighting?" he asked.

"Yes," Mrs. Engel said, sadly. "Hanna was angry at Amalia. The next thing I knew, they were shouting at each other. It was shocking! They had always gotten along so well...until...we came here."

Camilo looked down at the ground, bewildered. What did Hanna's sister say to her? Whatever it was, it had to have been another reason why Hanna was crying. As soon as he was home, he would be sure to ask either her or Dolores about it.

"I'm sorry," Camilo said. "I don't know why they would be fighting."

Mrs. Engel sighed a little. "That's okay," she said. "Don't worry about it then."

"Okay," said Camilo, softly. "Was there anything else?"

Mrs. Engel tilted her head to the side and said, "Um...no. I don't think so."

Camilo nodded once more. "Goodnight, Señora," he said, politely.

He turned around and had already taken a few steps when he heard Mrs. Engel speak again.

"So, it was you," she said.

Camilo froze and turned to look at her questioningly, but Mrs. Engel merely looked down at the ground in front of her.

"It was you who came into our house the other day. Wasn't it?" she said.

Camilo's jaw dropped. "What? I...Did you... How did you...?" he stammered.

Mrs. Engel looked up at him. "You know?" she said. "The night of the house party, I happened to see something...peculiar. At first, I thought it was the drinks, but I could've sworn I saw two Hannas from a few feet away. When I blinked, there was only one Hanna, but I also saw you. Then you ran away and... she ran right after you. The next day, I was by the window, reading a book. And I saw whom I thought was Mirabel standing outside, looking up in the direction of Hanna's room. And she winked up at someone, who I assumed was Hanna herself. But...I don't know...I thought something was odd in the way Mirabel was smiling. When Hanna came home later that night, she almost said someone else's name before she said Mirabel's. That made me curious. I started to wonder if maybe I wasn't seeing things at the party after all. The next day after that, when Hanna was...' ill', who should show up on our doorstep, but you and not Mirabel. I thought I would take a chance and just invite you into our house. But I also wanted to see if my theory was correct. So, I asked you to bring Mirabel here and see how things would play out. When I opened the door again, sure enough, there was Mirabel. And yet, the way she spoke was very similar to you. Then Hanna saw you in our house and she ran up to you immediately. Her eyes looked like they were holding a secret. And the way you two looked at each other...I was pretty much convinced I was right. But I didn't say anything because...there was still a chance I was wrong. That maybe it really was Mirabel. But I doubted it. And the events of tonight revealed everything."