II. CHRISSY CUNNINGHAM IS NOT OKAY

CHAPTER TWO
↳ chrissy cunningham is not okay

CHAPTER TWO↳ chrissy cunningham is not okay

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Laurie was an observer as some would say.

Others would say she's a talker but she would simply say that she cared a bit too much and liked to vocalise it a lot. Laurie wasn't stupid to notice how Chrissy Cunningham was losing weight at an excessive rate, nor how drained the girl had been looking for weeks on end. Sure, Laurie wasn't the smartest tool in the book (averaging at Bs at best, though mostly Cs and the occasional A), but she was more emotional smart. For years, she had been spending her time observing every little detail. It really does come as a gift after spending a small fraction of her childhood with an emotionally abusive father who disguised his abuse a lot. This small bit of her childhood allowed Laurie to be perfect at analysing small things. It was both a curse and a gift to always notice absolutely anything and everything.

She noticed a lot of things actually. She noticed how Max blasted Kate Bush in her Walkman every day (the girl had a locker next to the ginger's and could always hear it playing rather loudly everyday), how Lucas Sinclair was drifting from the friends he had arrived at High School with and how tired Chrissy Cunningham looked everyday.

Laurie Fisher just noticed all of that.

She had opened her locker, ignoring yet another proclamation of love by stuffing it into her bag. Every part of the blonde felt so bad that she received these letters from some boy she knew she wouldn't return the feelings to. She knew she probably wouldn't reciprocate the feelings, but didn't want to be rude and ignore how someone else felt. So, naturally she took every letter and nearly always saw a sad face the next day. But, a part of Laurie knew she couldn't change how she felt. It wasn't something she could control whatsoever.

Before she could even close her locker, Laurie had noticed Lucas and waved to him and the boy came over to her with a smile, giving a short wave. Lucas Sinclair was new to the whole entire field of sports and attempted popularity. He had grown attached to the bubbly nature of Laurie Fisher, who had immediately vouched for his role in the basketball team so many times. He immediately found himself somewhat close to the seventeen year old after she had offered to show him to his class on his first day.

She was also very nice, Lucas always noted. She wasn't obnoxiously rude like the stereotypical popular girl he had anticipated to meet. Laurie Fisher's famous reputation at Hawkins High was extensively well known simply for her sweet nature.

"Hey," she had grinned at him and he smiled too. Though, Laurie immediately noticed how sad he looked. He always had this look whenever there was something going on personally, mostly with his friends, Mike Wheeler and Dustin Henderson. She didn't like pressing into people's matters too much, but she knew sometimes people needed to be prompted to open up about personal feelings. "Is it your friends again?"