Kanha's demand

-

The delicious and mouth watering aroma of 56 bhog and the delicious sweets made from pure ghee fill the palace of Dwarka

The delicious and mouth watering aroma of 56 bhog and the delicious sweets made from pure ghee fill the palace of Dwarka. The open kitchen doors guided the sweet aroma throughout the palace, into each room.

Mata Devaki and Mata Rohini both have a smile on their faces as they work their way through the kitchen, sometimes instructing the dasis, sometimes adding ingredients in the food themselves.

There was nothing special for them to make so many sweets and 56 bhog. They were doing this to see the beautiful smiles on their children's faces, especially Kanha.

"Jiji, aapne makhan chupa diya hai na?" [Sister, you've hidden the makhan, right?]

Rohini smiles at Devaki's questions, and turns to face her. "Yes, Devaki. I have hidden it well, don't worry, Kanha won't be able to get it."

Devaki breathes out in relief at her sister's words. She knows that once Kanha finds makhan, no one else will be able to enjoy it with lunch today.

Kanha and his love for makhan are a love story of their own. Place Makhan and 56 bhog on opposite sides and Kanha will makhan instead of the bhog.

Part of Devaki wants to blame her sakhi Yashoda, but even she knows that even Yashoda was tired of Kanha's love for makhan. No one can separate Kanha and makhan. They are inseparable.

The sound of laughter breaks Devaki and Rohini's attention from their respective tasks. Glancing up, they notice their beloved Kanha walk into the room with sulken look on his face.

Following behind Kanha, are Subhadra and Balram, who seem just as confused as Rohini ans Devaki as to why their always smiling Kanha has a frown on his face.

Something in Kanha's hands catches Rohini's eyes and she gasps, "Kanha, where did you find that makhan?"

That is when Devaki, Subhadra, and Balram notice the matki of makhan, resting in Kanha's arm, as he strides further into room, licking his hand to eat the makhan.

Taking a moment to examine Kanha, Rohini's and Devaki notice how his mouth is smeared with makhan. His hands are covered in makhan, as they reach into the matki to get more makhan.

"What makhan?" Kanha questions innocently, his head tilting to the side in a way to portray innocence.

Kanha makes no effort to hide the matki in his hands, as he continues to eat and observe the shocked expressions on the faces of Mata Rohini and Mata Devaki.

Devaki narrows her eyes at her son, crossing her arms over her chest. "The makhan in your hands, Kanha. Where did you get it from?"

Kanha looks at his mata, then at the matki in his hands. "Oh, this? Dau gave it to me."

Balram Dau, who was just casually chatting with Subhadra, turns towards Kanha with a bewildered look on his face as his name is mentioned.

"Kya?! Kanha humne kab tumhe makhan diya?" Balram tries to prove his innocence as soon as he notices the glares that Mata Rohini and Mata Devaki are giving him. [What?! Kanha, when did I give you the makhan?]