·˚𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞. ༘༄ ꒰𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯꒱ؘ*ੈ✩

Depuis le début

Steven went silent at this, seated on the passenger seat next to her.

"Exactly. See, she gets it," Marc nodded at Steven from the rearview camera.

"No," Steven grumbled.

"No?" Layla repeated in confusion.

"No. See, the thing is, we made a deal, Marc and I, that when he was done with Khonshu, he would disappear for good,"

"But that deal didn't involve you getting Y/N, Layla, and us killed, did it?" Marc commented and Steven just stared at him, "That's not gonna fly with me,"

"You guys made a deal?" you blinked, turning away from the window you were looking out of, "That he would just disappear from our lives?"

"And you didn't think that maybe we should've been made aware of that?" Layla added seriously.

"Oh," Steven mouthed wordlessly looking from one to another, "Well, hadn't he disappeared from your life already?" he spoke nervously, not wanting to get either of you upset.

"Yeah. I mean, whatever," you scoffed, "His suit was his best feature, wasn't it?"

Layla agreed, nodding, "And he didn't even have that anymore. Right, babe?" she asked fluently.

"Uh-huh," you smiled at the nickname, locking eyes with her in the back-view mirror.

"Steven, give me the body right now," Marc continued, insisting harder, "This is a suicide mission,"

"Plus, I know him. He'd wanna lone wolf this whole thing," Layla stated, "It's not happening. We're not gonna do that,"

"We are not," Steven confirmed, "It's just us and the open road," he hit head first into the dashboard in front of him when Layla slammed the brakes.

"We're gonna go on foot from here," Layla got out of the vehicle and opened the door to help you out.

"Yeah, all right,"

You three gathered your stuff and began to walk in a little pathway through massive rock mountains, walking between the gaps and valleys of them.

Soon enough, you all reached the top and stopped, noticing the vehicles and identifications of people in the distance.

"There they are. Let's keep moving," Layla led you and Steven forward.

Layla continued as you all carefully made your way down a rocky pathway.  Once Steven made it to the bottom, he turned around and held out a hand for you, which you accepted with a smile.

"It looks like they're already inside," Layla looked around at the deserted space, "We'll need to find another way to beat them to Ammit,"

"Hello," Steven cutely greeted the camels as he walked past them.

You all met in the middle, glancing at an entrance that had pieces of equipment and tools around it, used from other expeditions.

"Let's check for supplies," you spoke aloud, turning to walk into the nearest tent and you three went in your separate ways.

── 。゚: *. .* :. ───

After you had finished restocking your bag, you tightened the strap and turned to see when Layla entered the tent you were in, "Hey,"

"Hi," Layla gave you a strained smile, "Hey, I'm sorry about Marc,"

"It's fine," you brushed it off, waving your hand at her.

She caught the hand you waved at her, slotting her fingers between yours, "If it's any consolation, I don't regret meeting you," she smiled shyly, "I'm glad I met you,"

You felt yourself smiling at her words, "So am I,"

Layla rubbed your lower back with her other hand in an attempt to comfort you.

"Oh, and Steven kissed me by the way,"

"Woah," you blinked at her in surprise, half-laughing in amusement.

She jerked her head to the side, "Apparently Khonshu wants me for his Avatar, and Marc won't let that happen. That's why he's been pushing me away,"

"Yeah, I know," you grimaced.

"Hmm. But after we kissed, he ran into a nearby rock and rammed his foot into it. Quite harshly," she added the last part with a wince, "Don't know why,"

You paused in thought, "Pretty sure that Marc's responsible for that,"

"Whatever," Layla leaned forward and stole a kiss from you, "Let's go,"

You both walked out, completely unaware of the fresh blood and weapon laying on the ground in the sand a few feet away.

── 。゚: *. .* :. ──