ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

Start from the beginning

"I completely understand. Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains." Mal said. "No, no, no." Ben said. "No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that." Mal said. "No, no. That's not it. No, no, no. I really do...I have..." "No, I get it. You're cautious. That's smart." Mal said, cutting Ben off.

"Oh, well, more for me, I guess." Mal sighed, getting ready to bite into the cookie. "No, no. Hey..." Ben said, taking the cookie, biting into it. "See that? Totally trust you. Totally." Ben smiled. Mal then turned to look at the four of us.

We all slowly made our way over to Ben and Mal. "How are they?" Mal asked, turning back to Ben. "They're good. They're great! They're amazing! They're...I mean, they're chewy and, you know, they...is that walnuts?" Ben asked in a daze. Mal nodded.

"I love walnuts. I mean, you know, the chocolate..." Ben cleared his throat. "The chocolate...chocolate chips are...I'm sorry, um...They're warm and soft. And they're sweet...Mal, have you always had those little golden flecks in your eyes?" He asked, as he went to take another bite from the cookie.

Mal then grabbed it from him, putting it back in the bag. Jay then walked over to Ben. "How you feeling, bro?" He asked. "I feel...I feel...I feel like singing your name. Mal! Mal!" Ben started to sing, before Mal covered his mouth with her hand.

Jay grabbed the cookie from Mal looking at it in shock. "Okay, how about we go get ready for the game?" Jay asked, pulling Ben away. "I should go, too." Carlos sighed. "Good luck. I'll cheer you on." I said. He smiled, kissing my cheek before running off after Jay and Ben.

***

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Ohayohay!" The crowd cheered. "This is a nail-biter, folks. There's 47 seconds left on the clock. We're all tied up. The Sherwood Falcons, two. The Fighting Knights, two. What a game between Auradon's fiercest rivals." The announcer said.

Jay and Carlos were sitting on the bench watching the game. "Get 'em, Chad." Jay said. "Thanks, Jay." Chad said, patting Jay on the shoulder, before running off to the field. "As the teams get into their huddles and take up positions along the Kill Zone." The announcer said.

"Akiho!" Coach Jenkins yelled. "The dragoneers have been lying down in a withering hail of fire." The announcer said. "You're up!" Coach said, throwing a tourney stick to Jay. "And now a substitution by Coach Jenkins." The announcer said.

"Coach, how about my buddy here?" Jay asked, pulling Carlos off the bench. "Oh, no." Carlos said, ducking under Jay's arm, sitting on the bench again. "Not so sure about that." Coach Jenkins said.

"Coach, he's been practicing." Jay said, pulling Carols off the bench again. "Jay..." Carlos started. "And you said it yourself, a team is made up of a bunch of parts." Jay said. "Jay, I'm not that good." Carlos argued. "Well, he's kind of like my brain." Jay said, ruffling Carlos' hair.

"Amir!" Coach said, calling someone off the field. "You heard him. Get out there!" Coach said, throwing a tourney stick to Carlos. "Don't worry, bro. I got you back." Jay said. "How about my front?" Carlos asked. "Get out there." Jay laughed, pushing Carlos towards the field.

Mckenzie's POV

Lonnie, Mal, Evie and I were standing in the bleachers together. I watched as Jay pushed Carlos out towards the field. "Whoo! Go Carlos!" I cheered, cupping my hands around my mouth. "He's bringing that hothead Jay in from the Isle of the Lost and that little guy Carlos who can barely hold a shield." The announcer said. I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"When they break from their huddles, this is gonna be a big moment here. And the tipoff is ready. Here we go. Long pass goes to Jay. Jay dashes off to Prince Ben. Nice little block by Carlos. He does a little dance jig in the opponent's face." The announcer said. I smiled at how cute Carlos was being. Ugh! Again with the 'cute'. I can't wait to get out of this place.