The last thing I wanted him to see is me being weak. I won't give him the satisfaction!.

"Why is it bothers you anyway? It's as iff I'm your girl!" I scoffed sarcastically meeting his dark cold eyes.

"Yes! I asked that myself. Why would I care about you? But I thought the thing we had before was something I would like to have forever. But it seems the girl I know was not truly she is. Hiding behind a sweet innocent look.. but rotten inside!!!" he sputtered angrily and walked briskly to the door not waiting for my acid retort. He yanked the door open and slummed it. I felt so deeply humiliated and my whole dignity was crushed... He just slap it in my face that I'm no far from a whore!

I plopped down the sofa as I felt my whole body trembling. I curled on the sofa holding my two knees leaning my chin on my knees. Trying to process what just had happened. I felt the tears streaming down my cheeks. I could feel a bit of sting in my eyelids from the soreness.

Is that the guy that your heart was desiring for? That heartless devil?

Enough for this crying.. I wipe the tears and stood up. I'm Cara Nicole Rivas and I'm stronger than what they thought. I won't be affected with all their accusations, especially Alex's accusations. I will show them that whatever words will they throw to me, it won't affect me.

None of them are true, so why would I sulk here. I know myself more than those people knew me. And I have never done anything wrong in my life except loving that devil.

I'm sorry Dad, I can't help you bring back your company. I will render my resignation on Monday and find a nursing job here and start over.

Today I will visit my Dad. He looks a lot better now than the last time I visit him. His body is almost back. He also goes to the gym to spend his time not to think of anything negative. I even encourage him to date but he declined and just laughed at it.

Carla stops working with him. Alex sent another nurse but Dad declined them. Some of our maid was released since we can't afford to pay it. Only Selina and Paul that was left.

I walked to my kitchen and brewed myself a coffee. As I waited for the pot, I heard my phone ringing. I walked straight to my room and look for my clutch. I knew my phone was in my clutch the whole night last night.

I saw the clutch under the chair. I crouched down and grab it. I checked on the caller and saw Mara's name.

I accepted the call.

"Hey good morning!" I greeted happily, summoning all my left ounces of energy in my body. I walked back to the kitchen as I talked to her.

"So you want to go walk around today?" Mara queried excitedly. I thought I don't have any energy to walk around.

"Can you just come to my place or I'll drive to your place? Maybe just hang out together without walking a lot!. I don't think I have the energy for that." I admit as I heaved a long frustrated sighed when I thought why I felt so weak today. I didn't realized how my sound came out to Mara. She sense it I have a problem.

"Ok, Nicolas will drive me now. Tell me all whatever it is and don't hide anything from me Nicki? Nothing!! Please be honest with me this time!!" she begged but with firmness in her voice.

"Ok!" I agreed softly. She's right. All I need now is ears. To open out all this feelings and maybe it will help me instead of carrying it alone. For sure one day, when I can't take it all anymore I will just found myself in a mental hospital.

"I'm coming now!" she informed and ended the call.

I was sitting on my sofa as I sip on my coffee occasionally. I don't know how long I was staring blankly on the television. I was in a state of oblivion when I heard a loud knock in my door. I put the empty mug on my coffee table and opened the door. Mara was standing infront with Nicolas beside her.

The Billionaire's Love Conquest [UNEDITED]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें