The meeting went by in a blur. She joined her clients as they visited the site and discussed the project over lunch. Construction has started a few weeks ago, and although it's still at the excavation stage, Lisa can already see what it would look like once it's done. They then went back to the old hospice where the elders and staffs are still residing and Lisa spent a few hours to talk to them and tell them that they will be having a new home soon. They all thanked her and she took a few photos with all of them along with the staff members too before she left for her flight back to Seoul.

•••

Jennie decided to drop by the grocery store to pick up some ingredients for the dinner she's planning to make. Lisa called her that her plane just landed and told Jennie to wait for her at the store so she wouldn't have to carry everything and commute back home. She didn't argue anymore because she knows Lisa would just insist to pick her up.

She was by the frozen meat section looking for the best cut of steak for Lisa when she saw a not so pleasant but a very familiar face. She was about to turn around when the person turned to her direction and looked at her.

"Jennie?"

Jennie groaned and cursed under her breath before facing Jongin with a blank expression. The guy smiled his ugly smirk as he walked up to her, invading Jennie's personal space. She backed up a bit and looked at his face irritatingly, making sure to make this asshole uncomfortable.

"H-hey, Jen! Uhm... Can we talk?"

"Let's talk outside." Jennie said rather uninterested at what they're about to discuss.

She started walking to the exit and Jongin followed behind her. Jennie stopped just by the parking lot where she can still see if Lisa has arrived and have a little privacy for what's about to happen with her and the man who only broke her in so many ways.

"What do you want, Jongin?" she deadpanned. The guy looked at her face before his eyes travelled down her now swollen tummy. As much as Jennie wants to cover her stomach, it's too late already since her ex is now staring at it.

"H-how are you?" he stuttered as his eyes went back to Jennie's face, brows furrowed.

"Don't act like you care, Jongin. I know that's not what your pea-sized brain really wants to ask." she said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Wait... You're pregnant when you left me? I thought you said you were on birth control, Jennie!" Jongin asked and Jennie couldn't help the anger to bubble in her gut.

"Yes I found out I was pregnant when I caught you having sex with your whore. Remember how I was in birth control but the day I had my IUD placed, you forced me to have sex with you even though I told you a billion times that I wasn't allowed to have sex for a few days for the birth control to take effect? You forced me to have sex, Jongin! You even almost cost me a miscarriage because I had an IUD expulsion you bastard! If you weren't a horndog like a dumb teenager and respect me when I said no, this wouldn't have happened." Jennie hissed.

"So what do you want me to do then? Take responsibility? I told you countless times that I don't want a child, Jennie. That's why I asked you to take birth controls! Why didn't you just abort the baby when you found out?!" Jennie couldn't believe her ears. She slapped Jongin across his face so hard, her palm left a huge red mark on it.

"Why are you blaming me for something you took a part of?! You forced me to have sex with you even with the knowledge that we can't do it for a few days. You insisted that I take birth controls because you didn't want to wear condoms telling me that they make you uncomfortable! And now that you see that I'm pregnant you would blame me and tell me to get an abortion?! I didn't even want to see you again! I'm not even asking for your support! I left you because you've been cheating on me and have been hurting me physically and emotionally countless times! I left you because I don't see a future in you. I left you because I realized that my dad was right. That you are a useless piece of shit who only wants to get in my pants and my bank account. I left you because you are an alcoholic cheating abusive bastard!"