I grabbed it and went to look for a second option

I grabbed it and went to look for a second option. Next, I looked at the green dresses and I couldn't find anything. Next, I went to the yellow dresses, they all looked pretty but one caught my eye.

It was a beautiful yellowish dress with a v-neckline and layers of beautiful fluff. It took my breath away, both dresses did.

I brought both dresses to my mother and she approved and then we took them to the lady who sized me and then found both dresses in my size

I brought both dresses to my mother and she approved and then we took them to the lady who sized me and then found both dresses in my size. We paid and my mom left. "Thank you so much," I whispered. I pulled my wallet out of my bag and handed her a $50 tip. She thanked me and I quickly walked out to catch up to my mom.

The car was waiting for us as we walked out. Our driver put my dresses in the back and let us in before driving us home. When I got home I hung my dresses up in my room before heading to my father's study.

When I entered my mother and father were talking.

"I had a question," I commented. They both stopped talking and looked at me.

"What Y/N you know not to bother us while we are busy," my father rolled his eyes as I stood at the door.

"I was just wondering why I needed the dress," I stated, keeping my eyes on the floor and my fingers fidgeted with each other.

"We have a Masquerade ball to attend. It's to keep the peace between us and the Slytherins," my father explained. I asked no further questions and left the room.

I went back to my room so I could start my school work for the day. My tutor doesn't come on Wednesdays but I still have to do work. I listened to my music and worked on a math assignment. "Y/N get downstairs now," I heard my father shout from outside my door.

I rolled my eyes and got out of my bed, I set the papers on my desk before I headed downstairs. I walked into the dining room to see my mother and father with the leaders of the Slytherin Mafia.

"Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Snape," I greeted them before sitting with my parents.

"Evening Ms. L/N. We are here to speak with you about an arrangement we have agreed on. Your parents have already agreed but we felt wrong for not informing you," Mrs. Snape had a sadness in her eyes. It was making me nervous.

"Mother," I turned to her, "what did you agree to?" I asked, I had a feeling it was something bad. Father stood up behind my mom and rested his hands behind his back.

"We have agreed to let you marry their eldest some, for the sake of our family and our people," my heart stopped beating for a moment, everything froze. Anger started to build in my body.

"You. Did. What?!" I said each word with venom and my father's face turned grim.

"You are to meet at the party and get to know each other and after a month or so we will start to prepare for the wedding," he said this as if there was nothing wrong with it. "I will do no such thing!" I shouted. I pushed my seat away from the table and stood up. As I turned to walk away my father grabbed my wrist tightly.

"You will do it whether you like it or not young lady!" he shouted back at me. I glared at him, trying to release his grip from my wrist.

"Mother you can't let him do this! I deserve to find someone I love! I'm sick of you telling me what I can and can't do!" I pushed my father and raced to my room. I could hear him not far behind me but I made it to my room in time and slammed the door shut.

"Y/N open this door right now," his voice was low but it was full of anger and disappointment.

"No!" I shouted.

He banged on the door before grabbing his wand the using magic to open the door.

"Listen to me. You will do what is best for this family and you will do it without complaining. Now you can stay in here until you've learned to treat your elders with respect," he walked out and slammed the door shut.

My eyes started to well with tears as I fell to the floor. "They can't just do this to me," I sobbed. I sat on the floor for a while and soon got up and lay in bed. I skipped dinner and went straight to bed, but I couldn't sleep my mind was too loud.

I don't want to marry a stranger.
What if he is creepy.
What if he thinks I'm ugly.
What if he hits me.
They can't really be doing this to me.
What if I actually fall in love...
This can't be happening.
What if he wants kids...

My mind was like this all night. I barely got any sleep.

For the next 2 days, I had the maids bring up my food, I didn't want to face my parents. Every few hours my dad would bang on my door telling me to grow up or get over it. A few times he called me selfish for not helping our family.

My mind was filled with guilt and worry as Saturday grew near. I didn't know what I was going to do. I knew I would be forced to go. I'd rather just go on my own terms.

I grabbed the yellow dress I bought on Wednesday and hung it on the back of my door and grabbed a pair of black heels, setting them next to my bed.

I spent all night finishing missed homework and trying to get a bit of sleep before the big party tomorrow night.

I wonder if he knows about this arrangement???

____________________________________

Word count: 1634

The next chapter will be posted no later than Wednesday July 20th so that means it might come sooner than that. Have a good night and I hope you enjoyed ☺️