pt.1

Xena and Gabrielle were casually riding through the forest. Just enjoying some downtime, which they so rarely got. Gabrielle had her arms wrapped around Xena's waist, holding on. As she rested her head on Xena's shoulder, taking in the peace and calm of the moment. She gently kissed Xena's shoulder. Smiling, Xena looked back at her.

XENA
What was that for?

GABRIELLE
Just because I love you.

Xena reached up softly caressed Gabrielle's face.

XENA
I love you too.

Xena leaned back slightly and turned her face toward Gabrielle. Gabrielle leaned in and they shared a sweet, passionate kiss. Afterwards Gabrielle put her head back on her shoulder.

GABRIELLE
Hey where are we going anyway?

XENA
Right now we're heading to the nearest village. I noticed we're running low on some supplies. So we'll stop, rest up, restock and go from there.

GABRIELLE
Good, I can't remember the last time I slept in a real bed.

Gabrielle sniffed.

GABRIELLE
Or had a proper bath.

XENA
(joking tone) Oh is that what that is?
Gabrielle playfully slapped Xena's arm.

GABRIELLE
Very funny.
Xena chuckled.

GABRIELLE
How much further?

XENA
We should be there soon.

They rode for awhile, until they reached the village. Xena and Gabrielle walked around the village, stopping at a couple shops for some supplies. When finished, they went to the village's inn. Gabrielle went up to the counter to get a room. The inn keeper was preoccupied with his book keeping. Gabrielle asked the inn keeper for a room for the night. Without looking up he motioned to the room on the far left.

INN KEEPER
15 Denars.

Gabrielle put the money on the counter, and headed for the room.

GABRIELLE
All set, come on Xena.

For the first time the inn keeper looked up.

INN KEEPER
Xena?!

He saw the warrior woman walk up behind Gabrielle and scowled.

INN KEEPER
You are not welcome here. I don't want any trouble. Now please just leave.

Gabrielle quickly spoke up in Xena's defense.

GABRIELLE
Hey wait a minute I think you're thinking of the old Xena. She's changed, and she's doing everything she can to make up for her past.

INN KEEPER
I don't care. I want her out of here, now!

Gabrielle was about to continue arguing on Xena's behalf, when Xena placed her hand on her shoulder and stopped her.

XENA
It's okay Gabrielle. I'll just go.

GABRIELLE
But Xena he...