The big void in her hoarse voice made it clear to him off her intentions....He smiled sadly knowing he was not at all wanted by her, but did not had the courage to leave her alone. Not when his heart screamed to be seated there, beside his wife.

“--and most importantly I don't want you pitying me. It makes me feel miserable and moreover I am okay. I-i f-feel okay... It's not like a car ran over me.” Aria continued as he kept looking at her, the broken quiver in her voice was prominent as the lonely moon shining outside her balcony... She looked like the moon. So beautiful yet so lonely.

The way she was looking at him with a small non-existent smile, trying to act all normal, teared him up.

He knew her habit of spinning lies to escape him but she could never hide those big blue eyes of her's which had always been loyal to him.

They never lied.

Just like now, when she was busy making him buy her lies, her vulnerable blue's were holding up to him, screaming misery of her shattered heart.

Her heart was bleeding through her eyes, the saline of her blue orbs...The light, the spark which never seemed to dull with any misery, did not exist anymore. The girl who never needed any reason to smile was now lost. It seemed to have extinguished.

“I am not here to give you pity or sympathy. I swear I am not. I am here, just to be beside you.” his words made her narrow eyes at him. He was still the same man who trampled upon her heart so many times. Did he forget that ? She could not trust him, when he was behind every misery in her life.

Would it make any difference that miraculously this time, he was not the one behind her pain ?

But the bigger question was, why was her heart was leaning towards him ?

“Why are you doing this ? You know very well that out of all the people here, you would be the last person I would share anything with, then why ? Is this any game of yours to blackmail me later with my emotions ?” she asked coldly, her voice coming out devoid of any emotions. She was not scared anymore. Moreover, she wanted to know what was going on in his mind. There was nothing to lose, she knew.

Her hand, it was empty. All her family had abandoned her. It was only her now, just her!

“Do you think I am that low to take advantage of your vulnerability, and use it for my benefit ?” she did not know his forest greens had the power to drown her more into the depths of anguish, if that was even possible. He looked so hurt, like she had stabbed him and he was bleeding, breathing his last.

But it wasn't the hurt that made her look away from him, it was the specs of love behind that hurt, which made her steal gaze from him. It scared her, made her heart vulnerable to the expectations of the man sitting in front of her.

“I don't know if I know about anyone, anymore.” she whispered the truth honestly, closing her eyes unable to look into his eyes anymore.

She couldn't do that. She couldn't weaken herself further and fall into his arms just like that. One step towards Jahangir Riyaz Durrani and her walls would crumble like ashes. 

Seeing herself going inside the abyss of darkness, she pulled her wobbly legs up, ready to escape him and her emotions, but a strong tug at her hand stopped her.

“I am aware I am not the best option... but you can share, with me. You don't have to keep it all inside you, Aria. I know you are hurting, and pretending it's not, won't help you.... Sharing your emotions would not end the pain, but it would definitely dull the ache, a little less. I am here, and I promise to listen to you.” and hold you in my arms. All it took was one painful smile, and a soft squeeze on her hand and she surrendered, crumbling down.