"Really? Doesn't he hate me?" With time, Yujji had softened a bit towards her but that wasn't enough and she still believed that he hated her. Reasons were unclear and she couldn't ask because that would irritate him more.

"I don't know."

"Alright. Was I ever attacked again? Was I able to protect myself?"

"Do you ever get tired of asking questions?" He wanted to avoid as many questions as he could, reason being, at some point Y/N would figure out that he was lying and she would lose faith in him. Losing her again wasn't anywhere to be found in his plan. To his surprise, she was completely silent and he felt bad. "I'll answer all your questions at the right time," he said.

She nodded and kept walking.

***

Y/N was ordered to assist Maki in a mission to exorcise a special grade curse in a school. Some kids were trapped and the girls were ordered to get them all out safely. As soon as they reached the location, she was surprised with dark environment. Maki handed her two cursed daggers, as she knew that Y/N was best with knives. They entered the school and parted ways to look for the monster holding innocent kids hostages. Fortunately, the school wasn't that big and they found the curse within some minutes. Three kids were unconsciously floating inside a bubble not too far from the ground. The curse, a disgusting looking creature, with six arms and big eyes like that of a cow, laughed and said something which was hard to understand. Without a care, Y/N advanced in its direction. The curse spat a big flame at her. Y/N stopped, crossed her arms before her face as if that would protect her from getting baked. Well, it worked, not only she didn't get burnt but also she didn't even feel a small amount of heat. She smirked and holding her big daggers in attacking position, she reached for its set of limbs on the right side. The monster dodged the attack and Y/N fell on the hard concrete floor.

The monster made a high pitched laugh making Y/N furious. Meanwhile, a sword appeared in its torso and it realized that there was one more person. Maki pulled out the sword and the curse faced her. Y/N took the chance and in a flash, she chopped two of its three arms on its left side. The curse jumped away from them. Both the girls stared in horror as his arms grew back. They both looked at each other and somehow understood the silence. Y/N nodded and Maki smiled in response. Finding the weak spot was what they needed to focus upon and to accomplish that, they needed to attack the monster quickly on all the spots. Maki ran in its direction and Y/N was ready to run to wherever it dodged her attack. The curse threw a flame in Maki's direction which she dodged by diving to her left. "You don't need to worry about that flame, it's just an illusion!" Y/N screamed. Maki gained her balance within seconds and attacked the curse in the thigh with her sword. Its leg fell off and it jumped opposite to her. Y/N threw a dagger which perfectly stabbed its eye and before it could understand anything, she stabbed with another dagger in his chest. Maki came running in their direction when it opened its mouth and spat more flames. Y/N was unaffected and Maki received a small burn on the back of her palm.

Y/N pulled out the dagger from its eye. She felt nauseated at the sight of its eye coming out with it. Without much delay, she stabbed another spot on its chest. As soon as it opened its dirty mouth again, Maki penetrated its throat. That was it. Purple flames appeared and the curse began to disappear. Both the girls took a deep breath and looked at the bubble. It began to disappear too. They sprinted in its direction and caught the kids before they hit the hard ground.

The environment returned to normal with the banishment of the dark veil. Two kids opened their eyes, yet they were terrified to say anything. They walked out of the building with two frightened and one unconscious kid in Y/N's arms. Principal along with other teachers was already waiting. Y/N carefully gave the kid to the teachers. Maki and Y/N were thanked for their favor.