Chapter 22: Territorial

JENNIE'S POV

It was almost 1 in the afternoon when I arrived Irene and I's meeting place, which is a Italian Restaurant near her company. I immediately told her my apologies since I came late, that didn't passed her because she still bombarded me a lots of questions after she knew what happened earlier. And me as a good friend and as a person who doesn't want to argue with her best friend anymore, I state everything she needs to know especially the main reason of this meeting.

"Who do you think was that?" Irene asked while munching her pasta.

"I don't actually have any idea who the hell would tail me all along my way here. I even thought we're just driving the same direction all the time until I did what Lisa thought me. That's when I confirmed that, that car was really tailing me all along."

"That's very unusual isn't it? This past few days you always got yourself in trouble that is very unwanted, of course." I nod my head agreeing with her statement.

"I mean this is not the first time that this happened to you. Right? I remember way back in our high school you almost got kidnapped if that girl didn't saw you and save your ass from those bunch of assholes. But you haven't get a chance to thanked that person because she disappeared the moment when the police came and rescue you." I remember that, she's the same girl I've looked for I don't know how long but I eventually give up because I think looking for somone who you don't know the face is, even just the name is like looking for a gold in the middle of desserted place.

"But I remember one thing about her that I always told you. She has this mole on her right hand that I know would help me to recognize her. But to my luck I haven't seen any person who has a mole on their right hand." I only saw that she has a mole on her right hand, when she handed me her handkerchief so that I can wipe my tears since I was crying like a mess that night. And that mole wasn't that huge that can easily be noticed, since it was in the middle of her ring and middle finger.

"But Lisa has one." Irene suddenly throw her words on my face that made me stop on my phase.

"Come again? I think I heard your words wrong."

"Oh? You haven't noticed it yet?" I creased my forehead as I'm so confused on what she was saying. "Lisa has a mole on her right hand. I thought you already noticed it." She added.

"You must be kidding me."

"Obviously I'm not. Gosh, you're dating her for almost 5 months now. And yet, you haven't noticed the mole on her right hand? You must be the one who's kidding me." Irene shook her head.

"Oh ghad. Wait." I showed her my palm and sign her to stop on whatever she was about to say. "Believe when I say I didn't noticed Lisa's mole on her right hand. Because first, why would I look at her hands and searched if there's a mole on it?" I asked her frustratedly, I still couldn't believe the fact that all this time, I was so dense that I haven't noticed Lisa's mole on her right hand.

"It's not my fault that you're blind Jennie Kim." Irene said who seems to be annoyed now.

"I'm not even saying that it's your fault Irene Bae." I huffed and rolled my eyes. We stayed in silent for I-don't-know how long, I even forgot the idea that we're having our lunch. I broke the silence since it makes me sick.

"I'm sorry for doubting you. No, I didn't really doubted you. I might sounded that way earlier, but I really believed what you've told me." Irene faced me this time after a while of ignoring my existence.