Chapter 38 • Heartbreak

Start from the beginning

The splash of ice cold water being dumped on me was enough to bring me out of my pain ridden thoughts.

"Aw come on princess we're not done yet." The condensing tone of his voice my the ache in my chest worsen.

"Now why don't you tell me and these fine gentlemen about your brothers hm?" Panting heavily I look from John to guys I've never seen before, staring at me in anticipation and impatience.

I shake my head not willing to share a thing. The more he knew the more he could hurt them.

"You really want to do this the hard way."He sighs standing back up and nodding to the people who stood behind me.

I don't even have time to take a breath before a wet rag is thrown over my face and waters poured over it.

My legs kick out trying to find something as the panic grows.

I start coughing as the rags removed and I'm sat up again.

"Let's try this again." The malice in his voice makes an appearance this time. "What can weaken your brothers?"

My shoulders shake as sobs come out of my mouth uncontrollably while my head shakes back and forth quickly.

"What about that girl, what's her name Claire? No, Clara?" My body rocks into itself as her name leaves his mouth and my head shakes back and forth even faster.

His laugh starts getting louder and louder as he squats down in front of me with a crazed look in his eyes.

"I just hit a nail in the coffin didn't I?" My nails dig into my palm as I try to get out of the restraints I'm in but it's futile.

"We've got all the information we need right now boys, our work heres done for now. Earl why don't you fine gentlemen take our girl back to her room." I glance at the guy I now can identify as Earl.

He looks about early thirties and very strong by the looks of it. His shirt stretches across his muscles looking as if it's about to rip and I know right then and there even as they cut the ties holding my wrists locked together I'd have no power or strength whatsoever.

I don't even fight as he pulls me up and through the halls until we arrive at 'my room'.

He throws my body before slamming the door closed. I wait until I hear the lock before I let my sobbing take control of me.

I scoot backwards until I find myself in the corner with my back to the wall and let my sobbing turn into scream with my body shaking back and forth.

My breath comes over heaving almost as loud as the growling of my stomach and pounding of my heart.

I curl into a ball on the floor mumbling the same words under my breath over and over and over. Desperation clawing through my words as I want it to be true, need it to be true.

"They're coming. They're coming. They're coming. They're coming."

I whisper those words like a mantra until my breathing turns into hyperventilation and I pass out.

_____________________________

"Aww look how cute you look all curled up in the corner like that, reminds me of when you were a little girl." A voice sighs as the door creaks open.