Too Girly - Ginny

Start from the beginning

"Is everything okay, sweetie?" Her dad asked taking a seat at the foot of her bed.

"No." She said shortly.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Ginny looked up into his eyes.

"They say I'm too young. They tell me Girls don't play Quidditch. They tell me that I'm a princess and princesses shouldn't get hurt. But, they're wrong." She pouted.

"Who?"

"Bill and Charlie." She said angrily.

"Well, did you want to keep score for them?" Her dad asked.

"Ron says it only takes one person to do so and he had the job first."

"So, they wouldn't teach you how to play?"

"No; they wouldn't. They said that today the big boys are going to play. They pretty much told me that I couldn't play Quidditch because I'm a girl." Her dad sighed. He stood up and nodded before walking over to her closet and reaching up to the top shelf to take down a poster that hadn't been down since he bought it. He stored it up there so one day he could give it to Ginny. Plus he knew she couldn't reach up there for now.

"Look at this, Ginny." He said unrolling the poster. "It's a poster of the Holyhead Harpies." He said showing his daughter.

"Who are they?" Ginny asked, studying the poster.

"They're an all girls Quidditch team. They try to show people that girls can play Quidditch just as well as boys can." Ginny's face visibly brightened.

"You mean, they show that girls can be just as good as boys."

"Basically."

"Cool." Ginny said taking the poster in her hands.

"How about we hang it on the wall, eh?" Her dad asked. Ginny nodded fervently. Her dad took the poster and held it up to the bare part of her wall; he held up his wand and muttered some strange phrase. Then, before Ginny's eyes, the poster was sticking to the wall. "There. Do you like it?" He asked taking a seat next to his daughter.

"Yes." She said staring admirably to the poster.

"Do you think girls can play Quidditch?" She asked quietly.

"I think that they can if they have the passion for it." He said smiling at his daughter.

"What's passion?" The five year old looked up confused at her father.

"Love, courage, honor for it."

"Do I have the passion for it?"

"It depends, what do you think?"

"I think that I want to show them that I can play Quidditch." Ginny said smiling.

"Then you have the determination. That's good."

"So does that mean that you think I can?"

"I do. I believe that one day you'll be playing for the Harpies." Her dad said staring at the poster. He had that feeling since the day they arrived home from the hospital with Ginny in their arms.

"That'll show them." Ginny whispered.

"Yes. That will show them." Her dad looked at his daughter smiling.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Ginny was in the locker room, lacing up her boots that she had been using during the practices. She tied her hair in a ponytail, making sure there were no loose strands.

"Weasley. Game starts in ten minutes. You'd better hurry up." Gwenog said from the entrance to the locker room.

"Okay, just give me a minute." Ginny said seriously. Today was her first game ever as a professional Quidditch player. It would be the first time ever that Charlie would see her play, and it would be Bill's first time ever seeing Ginny in Quidditch mode.

She left the locker room and grabbed her broom. She met up with her team, behind wooden doors that separated them, from the crowd of people who came to the match. She took a final deep breathe as she heard the announcer come onto the speakers.

"AND NOW, YOUR HOLYHEAD HARPIES!" The doors swung open, and the seven girls flew out into the pitch. "AND LET THE MATCH BEGIN!" The announcer screamed as the Quaffle flew into the air in front of Ginny.

She grabbed it immediately, swerving under the player in front of her and weaving through a few of the others before passing the Quaffle to Gwenog Jones. She flew closer to the goals but then a player in gold came and bumped her in her side.

We don't want our princess getting hurt.

She looked over at the player with determination, and bumped him right back, making him lose balance and almost falling of his broom.

We older boys play a little rough.

She flew a bit faster toward the goal keeping an eye on Gwenog who gave her a quick nod before flying a few feet forward before passing it back to her. Ginny caught and chucked it straight into the hoop.

Girls shouldn't play Quidditch.

"GOAL FOR THE HOLYHEAD HARPIES!"

You'll hurt yourself.

Ginny ducked, letting a Bludger fly about an inch above her head.

You're too girly, Ginny.

"THE LADIES ARE REALLY BRINGING IN THE HEAT FOR THE BULGARIANS!"

You're too young, Ginny.

"AND I MUST SAY THE ROOKIE, WEASLEY, IS SHOWING THAT SHE HAS NO WEAKNESSES."

And you don't even know how to play.

"AND WEASLEY SCORES ANOTHER GOAL FOR THE HOLYHEAD HARPIES."

I always thought you'd play for the Holyhead Harpies.

"AND THAT'S THE MATCH FOR TODAY. HARPIES WIN 210-180."

That will show them.