"No, it wasn't." Just because she saw it, saw a bit of him in there, didn't mean she was just going to hand her forgiveness over.

"So, is everything good now?" He asked, hopefully.

"No," she shrugged.

"You are so difficult, you know that?" He groaned before he started pacing the length of the hallway. It was a nervous habit of his. Often, when Renna would jog down the stairs to greet her friends, her brother would be pacing, randomly, alone, in the middle of the hall, about something as meaningless as a school test.

"This is why, Lake. Seriously, you've been picking on my friends and I for months, years . . . ever since I was practically born. Why do you bother now, huh? Why?" She persisted, eyebrows furrowed as her lips twitched with seething anger.

"Honestly," he paused, in which she nodded to. She needed to hear the honest truth, which was so hard and rare to come across in that stupid, disloyal house. "I don't know, Ren, I really don't. But, I miss being able to be civil with you, and before you say it, I know it's my fault. I've been a dick my whole life, I realise that, but when I watch shows and see how brothers and sisters are supposed to be, or walk down the street and see them talking and joking and laughing together, I feel all empty inside, because I know I stuffed that up for us. And I'm sorry, I'm really, really sorry, and I promise to never, ever, ever act that stupid again." 

He finished with a long, deep, emotive breath, his eyes remaining on his sister standing against the wall with hopeful yet drained eyes. And then, going against his intruding thoughts, she smiled. 

"Okay."

"Okay?" He questioned with raised brows.

"I forgive you, but only if you apologise to my friends too," she smiled, only to watch his face playfully drop.

"Can you give me like four to five business days because I just poured my entire heart and soul into that one," he joked.

She laughed, "Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

"Okay, now, I know you'll wanna say no, but can you come to this beach clean up with me tomorrow? Dad wants us to go and-"

"Wait, is this why you apologised? Just so you could-"

"No! No, of course not, Renna! I love you, okay? You're my sister, and I've been a shitty brother. But dad seems very persistent on us going, so . . ." he paused, hands splayed wide as he waited for her to respond.

"Okay, fine. But not for long," she pointed.

"I take it all back, you're amazing," he grinned, moving towards the girl with a shaking head for a hug - one that he'd been missing for the past ten years.

"Nope, too soon," she declared as she ducked beneath his outstretched arm and started running for the stairs.

"Oh, come on!" He shouted with a grin, chasing her up the staircase with his arms still held wide.

',~☼︎~,'

"Just come get me later," Renna mumbled as she leant through the open window of the Twinkie. John B groaned with annoyance, falling back in his seat from looking past the blond beside him with his hands tight against the wheel, JJ feigning sadness as he stared at the girl playfully.

"You want to spend time with the Kooks instead of us? The people you love so dearly," JJ teased whilst batting his eyelashes. Renna just pushed her hand against his forehead with a laugh.

"You know that's not true," she said.

"No, it's okay, John B. I see where her priorities lie, clearly not with us." JJ turned in his seat, facing the darker-haired boy who nodded in agreement.