Chapter 44 : The Tyrants

Start from the beginning

"Nii-san called me to have lunch in the Student Council Room, so unfortunately I can't join you in this adventure of yours."

"Ever the bro-con, aren't you?"

Seeing the amused stare he was giving her, Horikita scoffed before flicking his arm.

"S-shut up. I'm not a bro-con. I didn't see my brother for 2 years. Don't you think it's normal for me to want to spend time with him?"

"Of course it is...I also think it would be good for you to learn while being under the tutelage of your elder brother...

Speaking of that...Horikita I've got a proposition for you."

"What?"

Kiyotaka leaned towards her and whispered the words in her ear.

"Why don't you join the Student Council?"

She immediately widened her eyes before taking a step back.

"Why do you think, I should join?"

"Hmm? You can spend more time with your dear nii-san and I might get an easy pass to enter and exit the Student Council Room whenever I want to,  since both the Horikita's appear to like me."

The black haired maiden blushed at his words before twirling her bangs.

"I don't think it works like that...In that case, why don't you join the Student Council as well? If you join it, then I'm not opposed to write an application as well...."

'Me? Joining the Student Council? Hmm....That certainly sounds like a lot of work. Managing the Class as well as being a member of the Student Council......

That's what I want myself to think...The truth is, I just want to be lazy and enjoy basic things. But....'

"Joining the Student Council will give us some confidential information wouldn't it?"

Horikita gained a smug expression as she folded both of her arms beneath her chest.

"Hmm, the last time I talked with nii-san, he said that the Student Council has some control over something called.... The Speacial Exams."

"I'm in."

"This quickly?"

However in contrast to her words, it didn't appear she was surprised.

"Of course. Getting intel on the Special Exams would certainly be advantageous for us...

However I'm not pleased that you hid this information from me for so long."

"Well, I was waiting for the perfect opportunity to relay that information and I finally got it.

Anyways have fun with Class-C,  I'm going to the Student Council Room."

With that Horikita ran away from Kiyotaka with an excited expression on her face, for some reason.

Kiyotaka, who looked confused, shrugged his shoulders before starting his conquest towards Class-C.