"Would you really?" He asked looking up at me.

"Yes of course, only if you promise not to get into any shenanigans until I'm back?"

"Yeah, I promise," his lips stretched into a small smile.

"Ok, Bye dude." I walked out and closed my door behind me. I quickly scribbled a note to mom explaining that Dustin wasn't going to school today, left it on the counter, and got in my car.

My last period was my favorite class of the day, seeing as it was theater. I don't know why I love that class so much, but I do. It was where I met Barb, back in 8th grade. Dustin also loved coming and seeing me in shows.

"Yo, Buckley!" I called out to the freshman.

She spun around and grinned when she saw me.

"Oh, Hey Y/N!"

"What are you working on?" I asked, walking up to her.

Robin held up a paintbrush covered in white paint. "Painting clouds for our set, what does it look like?"

I rolled my eyes and bumped her shoulder. "You need any help?"

I barely said a word the rest of the class period. I just painted the clouds and let Robin do all the talking. "You know, everyone says I'm crazy for being in both band AND theater, but what can I say? I'm a sucker for the arts..." she paused and set down her paintbrush. "Y/N are you ok? I mean I can tell things aren't exactly fantastic because Barb hasn't been here all week, but like, is there anything else on your mind? Something you want to get off your chest? You know, I'm a fantastic listener," She grinned.

I laughed lightly, "No I'm ok Robin. I really miss Barb though."

"Yeah I do too. Is she on vacation or something?"

I paused and looked at her. Of course she wouldn't have known. Why did I expect Robin to know she was missing? I took a deep breath. "Yeah, she's out of town right now."

--

As I walked out of the theater, Nancy sped by me, grabbed my hand, and pulled me along wherever she was going.

"Nancy, What?"

"Just come with me, I need to talk to you."

She dragged me to a space in between two classrooms, where Harrington stood waiting.

"Hey, Nance, You said you needed to talk to me?" he asked when we arrived.

"Yes, I need you two to listen..." She explained to us that yesterday, she went back to Steve's to look for any traces of Barb, and I guess she came across this figure, that seemed like a person without a face...

"So, wait a sec, I don't understand. You went back to my house, without even talking to me first?" Steve asked, tucking his hands into his pockets.

"Yes, to look for Barb-"

"Yeah ok but why didn't you say anything to me first? That's crazy."

"I don't know... I guess I was scared."

"Ok, can we go back to the 'person without a face' part? I'm having a hard time grasping that," I said looking at Nancy.

"Yeah, was it just a guy maybe? In a mask?"

"I don't think it was a mask."

"But he had no face?" I looked at her incredulously.

"I don't know!" Nancy seemed just as confused as Steve and I were. "I just have a terrible feeling about this."

The Babysitters: Steve Harrington x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें