The Gate (Part 5)

Start from the beginning

"No," Mike whispered. "That was definitely (Y/n)."

~~~

"Stay back, or I cut your fake brother." Troy threatened by the cliffside, and I gasped.

~

"I know your boyfriend did something to me," Troy spat, and Dustin was whimpering. I tried to move forward again, only to be held back in Mike's arms. "Some nerdy science shit to make me do that."

"You mean piss your pants?" Mike asked. He thought it was unbelievable that Troy was upset about that.

"My sis has super powers and squeezed your tiny bladder with her mind!" Dustin told the truth.

~~~

That's right, I have super powers.

I could see the shadow figure trying to poke its way through now. I started to panic.

After that, I sort of fell sideways, looking at a tilted world. Mike, as if in slow motion, heard me fall, and he hurried over to me. "(Y/n)?" Mike's voice echoed, shaking me awake. "Are you okay? (Y/n)? (Y/n), can you hear me? Dustin, your sister!"

I saw images of being back in the facility, the wall crumbling as I'd open the gate before without realizing.

Mike and me. Back at the gymnasium where Mike had kissed me for the first time. The second time after our DnD session on Christmas when Will came back. Time and time again.

I snapped my eyes open to reality and held both my hands out as blood dripped over my mouth.

Screw this.

I let out a piercing scream and my whole body lifted in the air. Hopper and Eleven both stared in complete shock.

No one was going to die today.

This time, I owe it to everyone. For once in my life, I knew that someday, I was going to die.

The shadow figure had come closer to me, and I fought it back with a barrier. It was full of light, and I felt someone place a hand on my shoulder. I looked over to see it was Eleven, her nose was also bleeding.

She had come to help create this little barrier that enlarged in front of us while I closed the gate. The gate finally sealed shut. The monster, and the barrier was gone.

I ended up collapsing on the ground, one final breath escaping my lungs.

Hopper and Eleven rushed to my side. Hopper held me up and I was crying. "You did good, kid." He whispered to me. "You did so good. Mike would be proud of you."

I sniffled, and I looked at Eleven who was also crying. She smoothed my hair down. "Sister." She smiled at me.

~~~

Everything returned to normal.

For now.

*One month later*

"Since the release of the incendiary tape, the once quiet town of Hawkins, Indiana, has spent time in a place it never expected. The national spotlight. Under mounting pressure, several high-ranking members from the U.S Department of Energy have admitted involved in the death and cover-up of Hawkins resident Barbara Holland who died  due to exposure to an experimental chemical asphyxiant, which had leaked from the grounds of the lab."

"We sent our own April Kline to Hawkins to speak to residents, residents who told us they thought they lived in a safe town. The kind of town where, they say, nothing ever happens."