Dig Dug (Part 2)

*Third Person POV*

Dustin headed to his room. "All right, Dart. Breakfast time." He called. He raised the mitten up and pushed the door open carefully. He started to run away from the bedroom. "Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God."

He walked over the pieces of bologna.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit." He hurried outside to the shed, hoping Dart wasn't right behind him. "Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit."

He continued to mumble to himself all the way to the shed. "Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit."

He panted and closed the door behind him. Dustin turned around. He looked through the slits of the shed. "Come on." He whispered. "Come on, I know you're hungry."

He saw Dart walking out of the doorway and gasped. "Yes. Yes, yes, yes." He whispered to himself as Dart growled in the distance.

Dart had grown the size of a chihuahua.

Dustin watched him coming closer as he fed on the bologna pieces. "Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes." He breathed silently.

Dart finished the second to last piece of the bologna and turned to growl at Dustin.

"Shit!" He cursed once more. He leaned toward the front of the shed to look through the slit and saw that Dart was looking up at him already. Dustin pushed back and kept his back against the wall. He breathed heavily.

It was now or never.

Dustin threw the shed's door wide open and started shouting out a battle cry.

Dart was frightened of him, so he started to run backwards. Dustin used (Y/n)'s hockey stick to whack him into the bunker. As Dart rolled down the stairs, Dustin quickly shut the doors closed before he could escape.

He kept it closed and he panted. "I'm sorry." Dustin panted. "You ate our cat."

Dart was screeching from the inside.

~~~

Billy drove Max to the arcade palace where she could be herself. The music was playing loudly on Billy's stereo and the car skidded to a stop.

"If you're not in an hour-" Billy called out to her as she stepped out of the vehicle.

"Walking home." Max retorted. "Yeah, yeah, I know."

"Hey!" He snapped. "Watch the attitude, shitbird."

Max grabbed her skateboard, and he zoomed out of the parking lot. As he drove off, Max flipped him off with her middle finger high into the sky. She'd hope he saw it.

The first thing she headed over to was her favorite game Dig Dug. Only to see it out of order. She stepped back a bit with a frown. Keith walked over to her.

"Sorry about that, Road Warrior." He apologized.

"What happened?" She asked, as he ate a cheese puff.

"Short circuit in the motherboard." He explained with his hand over the machine. "A real bummer. But fret not. I got another machine up and running in the back."

He led her to the back of the arcade.

He handed the bag of cheese puffs over to Max who just looked at him oddly.

"Hold these." He said.

He opened the door to Lucas sitting there patiently for her. He gave her a kind, apologetic smile and Max just stared in dismay.

"You better get me that date now, Sinclair." Keith uttered, and closed the door on him.

"I told you I would." He said, calmly. Keith held up a hand and said some noises. "And keep things PG in here, all right?" Keith winked at Max, who just shrugged it off.