Dig Dug (Part 1)

*(Y/n)'s POV*

Mrs. Byers allowed me and Mike to come in the house that night to talk to Will. "It's like...It's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling." Will explained to us. "See what he's seeing."

Will looked awful...He was in his PJs and he was sweating all over the place, and he looked paler than normal. Mike was exploring the vines that were plastered on the wall.

"Like in the Upside Down?" Mike asked.

"Some of him is there." Will nodded. He wouldn't even look at us. He felt frightened when he said, "But some of him is here, too."

Mike looked at me and I shrugged. He took my hand in his quietly. "Here, like, in this house, Will?" I asked softly.

"In this house, (Y/n), and..." Will said, and fought back tears. "In me." I pulled Mike over and we sat next to him on his bed. "It's like...It's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more. And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel."

"And the more you see these now-memories." Mike finished.

"At first I just felt it in the back of my head," He placed his hand around his neck and set it back down. "I didn't even really know it was there. It's like when you have a dream, and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. Or when (Y/n) tries to remember her memories and she says it's really fuzzy. It was like that. But now it's like...Now I remember. I remember all the time." Will fought back tears. His hand and leg were trembling out of fear.

"Maybe..." I started to say, "Maybe that's good."

"Good?" Will asked me.

"Just think about it, Will." I said. "You're like a spy now. A superspy. Spying on the shadow monster. If you know what he's seeing and feeling...maybe that's how we can stop him. Maybe all of this is happening for a reason."

"You really think so, (Y/n)?" He asked me.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Mike and I really do. Right, Mike?"

Mike nodded with a smile.

Will looked down at the ground, and we followed his gaze at the shadow monster who was on the drawing. "What if he figures out we're spying on him?" Will asked, and sniffled. "What if he spies back?"

"He won't." Mike said.

"How do you know?"

Mike reached over and we both held our hands in his. "We won't let him." We said together.

~~~

*Third person POV*

Nancy and Jonathan rented a motel room together. They felt very uneasy walking in and Nancy carefully rang the bell at the front desk. "We'd like uh...a room?" She asked.

"We got those." The receptionist paid no attention to the both of them. "You want a single or a double?" She looked at the two of them.

"D-Double." Nancy and Jonathan stammered together. However, when they looked at each other, they shook the feeling of being together.

The receptionist eyed Jonathan as she slurped up her soda.

She gave them the keys to their room, and they sat quietly in their own beds. "Nance..." Jonathan said quietly, and she looked over. He pointed to the light switch beside him. "Uh, on or off?"

"Hmmm..." She said and smirked.

"What?"

"Nothing." She said, "Just...Deja vu."

They chuckled softly. "Don't you think it's weird?" Nancy asked him.

"What?"

"How we only seem to hang out when the world's about to end?"