The Gate (Part 1)

*(A/n: the long waited episode is finally here! Sorry it took so long, its just been hard to go through and edit on days that I've been working! Warning: lots of cursing, bit of anxious moments that may trigger a bit of anxiety, mentions of blood)*

*(Y/n)'s POV*

We were all surprised at Eleven's sudden entrance, and I was the closest to the door. I started to take the first step forward to reach out to her, but Mike ran past me. "Eleven?" Mike asked, and the two reunited first.

"Mike?" Eleven gasped, and they held on to each other longingly.

My heart started to break.

I ignored the shocked looks on everyone's faces, and heard someone make an awkward whistle sound. Eleven had tears in her eyes as Mike held her in her arms, and I saw the blood dripping down her nostril.

"Is that...?" Max whispered to me, Dustin and Lucas. I nodded.

"I never gave up on you." I heard Mike say, and it felt like he had wounded me. Was this what he was hiding from me this entire time? "I called you every night. Every night for-"

"353 days." Eleven smiled, which surprised Mike. "I heard."

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper spoke up and walked over to them. "The hell is this? Where have you been?"

"Where have you been?" She spit. At first, we thought Hopper was going to raise his voice, but then Hopper greeted her with a hug instead.

"You've been hiding her." I said out of realization, my voice hoarse.

"You've been hiding her this whole time?!" Mike asked. He angrily swiped at the chief.

"Hey!" Hopper exclaimed, grabbing Mike's arm. He took a glance at me and back at Mike. "Let's talk. Alone." Hopper took him into Will's room.

~~~

"Protecting her?" Mike raised his voice. "Protecting her?!"

"Listen." Hopper closed the door. The only person he was worried about now was (Y/n) and the way Mike had left her speechless. "Listen to me. The more people know about her, the more danger she's in. And the more danger you and your family are in-"

"Oh, what?" Mike shouted. "So, I should be thanking you?"

"I'm not asking you to thank me!" Hopper grumbled. "I'm asking you to try to understand. The way you just broke (Y/n)'s heart like that out there in front of everyone? That was well-played out there, son."

Mike's eyes widened when he heard the words utter from Hopper's mouth. "Oh, shit-." Mike muttered, placing a hand over his forehead.

"Yeah, oh shit is right." Hopper nodded which made Mike even more mad. "You need to try to understand-"

The anger inside him continued to build up anyway, from missing Eleven, and feeling guilt for hurting (Y/n). "I don't!" He roared. "I don't understand!"

"That's fine. That's fine!" Hopper said and then pointed at the door. "Just do not blame her! All right? She's upset enough as it is."

"I don't blame her!" Mike shouted, and Hopper backed away. "I blame you! I blame you!"

"That's okay, kid." Hopper scrunched his face. "That's okay."

"No!" Mike snapped, his voice cracking in between sobs. "Nothing about this is okay! Nothing about this is okay!" He punched Hopper in the stomach, which didn't really hurt Hopper, but it just pushed him back slightly.