(II) Chapter 22 - Permission

Start from the beginning

We both looked at Papa while waiting for him to continue.

"Continue to take care of my daughter..."

After hearing that, it felt like a weight from my shoulder was lifted and a huge smile on our faces appeared as (Y/N) and I looked at each other.

"Now, give me some privacy with my daughter. You can just wait for her outside."

"Y—Yes Dad..."

Papa didn't say anything and both of us got worried.

(Y/N) said, "I—I'm sorry... I didn't mean to—"

"I'm still getting used to it. Being called a dad that is. You're the third man to call me that. And there are two more."

I smiled at the two of them and (Y/N) sighed a relief.

"T—Thank you... I'll leave you two be."

After (Y/N)'s reply, he bowed and went outside the room. As he closed the door, I looked back to papa waiting for what he was about to say.

"Nino..."

"Y—yes...?"

"I can see that you already know what you're putting yourself into. But I want to understand something from you."

"Yes, Papa... I'm here to clear things up."

"Are you really happy?"

Without any hesitation, I replied, "Yes. Yes, I am. I'm happier than I was before. And I'm the happiest because of what just happened. So thank you so much."

"What's important is that you're truly happy with the path you chose."

"I... I am... But, Papa... I also have something to say... I know that this is pushing it far but please hear me out."

"What is it...?"

"Well... I want to be open with you about my relationship with (Y/N)... And... He's really been good to me. He's taking good care of me. He even drives me to Uni every day. But it would get a bit more difficult once his training gets more intense."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Well... We're planning to rent a place that's near our universities... It would be easier for us to get to the Uni if that would be the case. The time we would have to travel can just be spent somewhere else like studying or doing my part-time work."

"I already sense that this would be a question that will come from you."

"I won't do anything that would make you regret, Papa..."

"You already mustered the courage to ask permission... And your two sisters already asked this kind of request from me."

"I understand."

"Just make sure that you will be able to keep up with everything if this is your decision."

"You mean...!?"

"Yes. You have my permission."

My eyes lit up as I heard Papa's reply. I couldn't take it anymore so I stood up from my seat and hurried towards him to give him a hug. With tears in my eyes, I exclaimed,