17; Free

The clock is ticking...

You waited approximately five minutes, giving Rengoku more then enough time to leave.

He's probably all ready at the village.

You began to feel nothing but anxiety and adrenaline course through your veins. Nothing but a woven backpack on your back. It contained a kitchen knife, a set of clothes, a set of towels and rations for three days. You stood at the edge of the tall foliage covering your hom-prison. The moon stood high in the sky, dog was active and dog hadn't been fed for a while and would snap at any chance of food.

No doubt if you made a mistake you'd be devoured.

You took a deep breath.

Pushing your way through anxiety and pain you ran through the forest.

Your eyes set on nothing but forward. Your chest began to burn as if you were an amateur breather. It begged you to stop and turn around.

But you couldn't, not for yourself or this child.

Not looking back for any pain, fear or sound.

Not even the heavy stomps of dog right behind you.

The demon let out an furious scream that was almost ear shattering, it's claw like talons ripping at the earth floor behind you. It was in a ravenous like hunger.

You held your head down, not focusing on how close the beast was, the only thought in your head was run.

You held in your coughs running and running, the forest's green floors getting a deep imprint of your winter boots.

Then... you saw it...

Wisteria trees

A tear almost fell at your command, you dashed through the forest, the beast getting desperate now biting the air behind you in an attempt to eat you.

Your legs burned but you didn't stop. You kept running and soon.

Purple pedals began to fall and cover your body. You snagged a twig full and stuffed it in your backpack.

You were safe.

After the trees of wisteria you climbed the steel fence quickly. You stood at the top of the railing above the tree's height.

The hound behind you letting out howls and roars in fury. Almost begging you to come back. You locked eyes with the creature.

It was crying.

You understood why. In your absence it would serve Rengoku no need... it would be killed.

But it was also smiling.

You understood why. With being dead, it escaped Rengoku's hell.

You were both.

FREE