Goodbyes || B.Barnes

Background:
Y/n grew up with Steve and Bucky in Brooklyn.
She was best friends with Peggy in the 1930's and her and Bucky were insanely in love.

After the events of Captain America Civil War, y/n stayed with Bucky in Wakanda, helping him and picking up their relationship together.

——

*present day*

It's been a quiet day in the compound today, you're walking through the common room, slowly taking in the tranquility of the building as you make your way towards the kitchen.

You've been helping Pepper pack some things up, mostly Tony's old stuff. It's been hard on her, you just hope she will get better with time, after all, it's only been a few days.

You make a habit to gaze out of the floor to ceiling window as you pass, looking out over the city at the run down scenery littering the horizon.

Things dramatically changed after the snap, some would beg to differ, but you were lucky enough to have disappeared with the rest.

You're glad it happened, as in the meer moments that Bucky had vanished, you were completely heartbroken, your life had quite literally turned to dust in front of you.

You're both back now, together, thankfully, as if you never left.

When you enter the kitchen, Steve and Bucky are talking to each other, when they spot you, they pull away, ushering into a deafening silence.

"Hi" you smile warmly, burying your curiosity and slight annoyance.

The pair have been like this recently, going off together to talk in privacy, being secretive, their conversations turning to dust whenever someone is in hearing range.

When you mentioned your worries to Bucky the other night, he distracted you with a kiss, telling you you're just been silly and nothings going on.

Yet, instead of staying with you in bed for the night like he usually does, he disappears to who knows where.

Your paranoia and anxiety has been creeping up on you, your mind conjuring countless scenarios.

"Hey doll" Bucky's smile is reserved as he steps over to you, planting a kiss on your forehead before embracing you in a quick hug.

"Me and Steve are going to go for a run before we have to get ready to return the stones"

You nod your head, glancing between the pair.

You know they both know about your worries, and you know it has been worrying them too having to keep whatever they are from you.

You look into Bucky's soft blue eyes as they twinkle under the light. You peer in and reminisce in all your memories.

You look into the eyes that show you where home is, and you relax, leaning into Bucky as you whisper a "no worries, don't take too long" while his hands gently rub up and down your back.

You decide to trust him, it's silly to think that you ever wouldn't trust Bucky, this man is your life, your reason to keep going, he is your everything.

And to even doubt your bond for even a moment feels sickly in your heart.

He pulls away, sneaking in a quick, heated kiss on your lips before peppering your cheeks with them until you're laughing uncontrollably in his arms.