02

FLOWER FOUR
Love is Hard | Chapter 02

"What's up with you?" Bakugo asked the latecomer, Tenya. The man entered the gymnasium looking as though he has been carrying the burdens of the world.

"I have committed a terrible sin!" This has caught the attention of Momo, Yïen, and Denki who were seated in front of the two. 

"Wha-? I never thought I would hear that sentence coming out of Tenya's mouth," Denki muttered in astonishment, to which Yïen mentally agreed, listening to the bullcra— things Enji Todoroki was spewing.

He was talking about how he got successful. Yïen has suppressed an eye-roll multiple times.

"What is it that you've done to be called a 'terrible sin'?" Momo asked her stern friend and the unlikely rule-breaker in their little group— besides her.

"I told a lie."

There was silence. . .

"Hah?!" Bakugo asked in both irritation and disbelief, eye twitching

"I'm not surprised," Yïen muttered, shaking her head in amazement

"I thought it would've been a more horrible act," Momo said.

"Why do you sound disappointed?" Yïen chuckled as Momo playfully hit her arm.

"Man, I wish I had your innocence," Denki commented.

The longest goddamn speech in the history of speeches has finally come to an end.

"Ugh, about the fucking time!" Bakugo remarked, standing up from his seat with a frown on his face.

"I didn't understand a single thing he said," Denki stated, standing up from his seat too.

"You don't have to, it's bullshit." The speech was all about his path to success. It would've been inspiring if they didn't know the man personally.

"Well, we still have to accompany him," said Momo.

As always the four of them were surrounded by their schoolmates. . . fans. The four of them were walking alongside Enji Todoroki. Denki decided not to go with them and head straight to the cafeteria. In short, he ditched them— knowing that he wasn't required to come.

Bakugo resisted the urge to shout at the students like he would usually do.

-•-

Ochaco tripped and fell on the floor due to the crowd of people surrounding the group accompanying Enji Todoroki. 

Izuku tried to help her up, only to be pushed away from her by the people pushing each other as though there was a fire and they needed to get out, his phone slipping from his hand.

His eyes widened as he crawled on the ground, hand stretching to reach his phone. His eyes grew even wider when the device was stepped onto by a leather shoe, belonging to a man.

"No, no, no, no, no," he repeated to himself. The crowd of people disappeared and he grabbed his phone, the screen was cracked. . . and it was undoubtedly broken now.

"Oh no, it's fairly new too!" He knew he shouldn't have asked if this day could get any worse.

"What happened?" asked his newfound friend, Ochaco Uraraka.

"Someone stepped on it," said Midoriya, he was hitting the phone lightly in hopes that it would be fixed magically.

"Do you recognize who stepped on it?" she asked. Looking at the shattered screen and wincing.