The Next King of Games

Start from the beginning

Kota: *sips coffee* "Alright."

I get up from the bed still drinking my coffee. It's working its magic bringing me from the brink of sleep. I head into the walk-in dresser observing the various outfits I had in here. Some were for formal occasions whenever we would have guests or when we went to special events. Others were for when I wanted to go out to the city to avoid attention to myself. Some of them were missing since I had them packed for my time at the academy. I pulled out the suit that I was going to wear for the exams. It was something very nice so I can look presentable while not being too flashy. It was along the lines of a school uniform and a business suit rolled into one. What made it really nice was the rose red color scheme it had. I loved the color red. I set down my coffee getting out of my sleepwear so I can get changed. Samantha came in and helped me get ready by doing my hair. I was perfectly capable of doing it myself, but it was nice to have Samantha there to help.

Samantha: "You have some serious morning hair, you know that?"

Kota: "Well not all of us can have hair as perfect as yours, Samantha."

Samantha: *giggles* "What would you do without me?"

Kota: "Get some extra sleep most likely."

Samantha: "Oh ha-ha. Very funny, mister."

We both have a quick laugh at the joke. While she was getting my hair sorted out, I finished getting dressed. As my father would say, I was looking quite snazzy in this outfit. I grab my coffee mug and continue to drink that wonderful potion. I took one last look in the mirror to make sure that I looked good. I want to make a good impression, maybe even make some friends while I'm there. A good image always depends on one's first impression, or so I've been told. I was happy with how I looked and both me and Samantha leave my room. I grab my deck just over by the door before I leave. Can't go to Duel Academy with my dueling deck. That'd be embarrassing. After a few minutes of walking, we made it to the dining room. There Samantha bowed her head and left. Inside was Maxamillion Pegasus sitting at the head of the table with a comic book in hand. He was having a good time most likely because of a funny joke or scene he was reading.

Pegasus: *laughs* "Just WHERE do these guys get their ideas?"

Kota: "Good morning, Father."

Pegasus: "And a good morning to you too, Kota-boy! How did you sleep?"

Kota: "Oh, it was fine. Until Samantha came in and spoiled it."

Pegasus: *chuckles* "I'm sorry. I asked her to."

Kota: "Oh, don't worry. She told me."

Pegasus: "Well, now that you ARE awake. Let's have some breakfast!"

Kota: "Yes, please! Coffee is good, but I'm starving."

My dad snapped his fingers and the staff came in with breakfast. The carts were loaded with all of my favorites. Pancakes, waffles, eggs with different meats, and various fruits. I was honestly stunned at the feast that laid before us. We normally don't have breakfasts this extravagant. I tried to form a string of words, but nothing came out.

Pegasus: "I figured that since you'll be gone for school and all. I asked the kitchen staff to prepare all your favorites. Have whatever you like!"

Kota: "I... Thank you. All of you."

The staff smiled and bowed towards me. I've known most of them ever since I first came here all those years ago. They and my new dad really helped me adjust to my new life, especially Samantha. I saw her as the older sister that I've never had. I fondly remember one of our favorite things to do was duel each other. She would help me hone my skills whenever father was busy with work. All of them are like family to me and I am so grateful for their kindness. Me and my dad ate our breakfast eagerly as I had a bit of everything. After a very stuffing meal, we make our way to the estate's helipad. There sat a company chopper with Croquet standing by with a pilot's helmet in hand.