"ours"

"excuse me?" he questioned "come again?"

"this is our son, Kacey"

"stop playing wit me dude" he said running his hand down his face.

"i should've been told you but i couldn't"

"bullshit" he spat "can't believe yo ass did some shit like this"

he looked so hurt and disappointed but i mean what else did i expect, for it to be sunshine and rainbows? definitely not that.

"out of all the bitches that would pull this shit it was you" he said laughing but it wasn't a funny haha laugh more of a bitch i should fuck you up laugh.

"i'm so sorry" i say as a tear spilled out my eye.

"when you find out you was pregnant?"

"like a week or two after we ended things" i say wiping my face and he just shook his head.

"why yo ass crying? i should be crying" he said only loudly enough for me to hear.

" i feel like shit enough okay, i didn't want you thinking this baby was my way back in your life"

"i feel like" he started before stopping to take a breath. "i feel like what you did was selfish and we both know that"

"i agree" i did realize it was selfish and was taking accountability for that.

"this shit pissing me off" he said chuckling. "i knew some shit like this would happen though"

"again Kentrell, i'm really sorry"

"fuck you and that sorry ass sorry" he said calmly. "just tell me about my son"

i told all there was to know such as his full name and how i planned on giving him his last name, how much he weighed, how long he was, his doctors name, where he was born at, and so on. not much to tell about a two week old baby.

"not even gon lie" he started "ion want shit to do wit yo ass, if it ain't about my son, ion wanna hear it"

"okay" it hurt deep down but like i said what did i expect?

"i want him this weekend too"

"that can be arranged"

"coo" he said chuckling as our food was placed in front of us.

"but"

"but?" he asked.

"i gotta see where my baby is going to be at and i need to meet your girlfriend"

"this sound messy" he said quietly.

"if she's around my child, this is very necessary or he can just stay with me"

"you can meet her" he nods.

"great!" i say with a toothless smile.

next day...

Kentrell DeSean Gaulden today, Jayda was meeting Jaz

today, Jayda was meeting Jaz. I already told Jaz my wrongs and she suspected something was going on with all those trips to Atlanta. i told her i was done with Jayda and she had no worries and she said she'd stick beside me. she was pissed but she understood we had a rough patch and were doing better these past few months.

the doorbell rang and we looked at each other.

"well get the door"Jaz instructed and i did just that.

"hey" Jayda said holding the car seat.

"come in" i move out the way to let her in.

once she got through the door she sat the car seat down.

"i'll carry that" i carry it into the room we would be talking and discussing everything in.

"i assume you guys don't have a crib for him yet correct?" she asked as she took a seat on the sofa.

"it's being delivered, the latest it'll be here is monday" Jaz spoke.

"and you're fine with-"

"yes me and Kentrell talked it over and i'm fine" Jaz smiled politely but it looked forced.

"i want to apologize for that as well."

"you're forgiven" she said "just don't let it happen again"

"you don't gotta worry bout that" i say side eyeing Jayda.

"good" Jaz said rubbing her hand up and down my chest making sure Jayda got the picture.

"well okay" Jayda started "so right now he's only drinking four ounces, no tummy time, and he needs his cream on his private due to his circumcision"

"that's it?"

"pretty much, do you mind if i look around?"

"follow me" i tell her.

standing from my chair we walk to the kitchen first.

"okay nice" she said

"this is unnecessary"

"i gotta see the environment my baby is in" she shrugs "and i know you smoke but don't do that shit around my baby"

"i'm not dumb Jay"

"mph" was all that came from her mouth.

she took it upon herself to wonder my house and i just let her.

"y'all could use some furniture but besides that i see no problem"

"you just wanted to be around me longer" i say causing her face to scrunch up.

"been there done that, i'm coo off you lil baby" she said smiling grabbing her purse "your all hers now i had my share"

"leaving so soon?" Jaz asked Jayda.

"yup see y'all tomorrow"

"let me walk you out" i say grabbing the heavy car seat from her.

"thanks"

"i'a see you tomorrow" i tell her "you too lil man"

i caught Jayda smiling as she got in the front seat.

"be careful wit my son" i tap the hood of the car.

"boy get the fuck away from my car" she laughed backing out.

i smile to myself quickly before going back in the house.