He must have refrained from doing it in front of me.

"You know, even if the rules say "Not allowed", there's still a big hole in the rules made. As long as you don't get caught, you're safe. It's horrifying to imagine how many forbidden things other people could do in the same case."

For example, the news I read this morning in the online newspaper.

A student who won a math olympiad was caught smoking and it became hotly discussed on social media. They didn't think the student who was famous for his achievements turned out to be a delinquent student.

The student said he started smoking to relieve stress from being forced to study every day by their parents. Where did he get the cigarettes from? He only needed to carry his brother's ID card when shopping at a store far from the neighborhood where he lived. Since there was almost no difference in appearances between him and his brother, the cashier didn't seem to mind him and let the student buy the cigarettes.

Then the matter of how and where he can smoke is an easy matter, as long as someone doesn't know you and you are not seen by others, you can be free to commit that petty crime.

This is one of the holes in the strict rules I mentioned earlier.

"But still... there is a reason why minors are not allowed to smoke."

Smoking causes interference with the growth and development of the lungs in children and adolescents, this causes the lungs to stop growing. This disorder can cause chronic health problems until they grow up.

"I told you, I don't smoke that often."

"Really...?"

Why is she so pushy abou it?

And what's with that expression, why are you showing that painfully bitter smile? She looked disappointed, and her pretty face didn't emit the aura everyone was familiar with. It's almost like I've soiled a beautiful landscape painting with mud.

I'm kind of blessed to be able to see another side of her.

"Hmm, Matsuo... I think this will be the last time." I muttered.

Anyways I've been caught, this is the last time....

"Did you say something?"

"Nothing."

There's something else I have to worry about

I don't know what I'm going to eat tonight, I haven't decided yet.

It would be very inconvenient to go to the convenience store and buy a bento, or fast food

"I'm not in the mood to cook," I mumbled

In the end my options were limited. Even so, it doesn't matter what it is, as long as the stomach is filled enough, I can get through the night without suffering from hunger.

In the end I decided to just eat jelly and take supplements. Tomorrow I will cook a good meal.

"What are you eating?"

"This? My dinner."

Shiina tilted her head and looked at me as if in disbelief

"Shouldn't boys eat more than that?"

"Not everyone is like that. I'm not a muscle maniac and a human robot who always spends their time on club activities and comes home miserable."

"I thought boys have a big appetite."

"I'm not in the mood to cook tonight. I think this is enough for my stomach."

"Is that true? I can hardly believe it. But either way, good luck with your dinner."