𝐨𝐧𝐞 || 𝐦𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐜

Start from the beginning

"Hah?!" 'Akehoshi' whined, pouting. "Yes I do! See, step, bam on the floor! Then wheee, hehe! Then sparkly smile!"

"You don't need the sound effects," Hokuto reprimanded, grabbing his head as if he had a headache." Especially after I explained everything to you so logically."

Four-eyes broke in. "Hey guys, there's no need to fight..."

Maroon-head glanced at the time, then blanched. "Oh, crap, I gotta go head back to my own classroom. I have class duties."

As he walked out, Hokuto glanced at his phone. "Wow, is it that time already?"

Akehoshi giggled, throwing an arm over his friend. "Time flies when you're having fun, don't it?" Then, finally, he stopped an looked up, cyan eyes meeting blue and green. "Oh— huh?"

Anzu let out a breath while Kenzo blinked, standing considerably behind his cousin. "A girl...?"

"What are you guys doing in an idol-course classroom..." Maroon-head's eyes drifted onto Kenzo, then his tie before sputtering. "I-I'm sorry senpai! I didn't mean to sound rude."

The said person threw a glance at Anzu, then shook his head, smiling. "It's alright, I just arrived so I didn't expect any of my underclassmen to recognize me. Oh, and that was quite a lovely preformance!" The air blossoming around him, his cousin deadpanned at his actions.

Four-eyes let out a noise, which somehow had everybody remember something. "That's right..." Hokuto started, looking back at Anzu. "You're the transfer student, no? And you...?"

Kenzo waved, giving him a bright smile. "I'm surprised you don't remember your sweet senpai, Hokuto-kun~"

The male gave him a bland stare, then widened his eyes in shock. "?! Shintani-senpai, you're back?" He also shivered a little. "And why are you acting like that?"

Kenzo was still smiling. "I was not given a reason not to~"

"Not you too! First Hibiki-senpai now you?"

Akehoshi laughed, then waved. "Hello! I don't know who Hokke is talking to but the girl— you must be the transfer student everyone is talking about!"

The four jumped into position, back to their flashy personas. "Welcome to Yumenosaki Academy! Where dreams come true!"

---

After introducing himself to the others, and making sure Anzu was in good hands, Kenzo made his way to his own homeroom, 3-B. To say the least he was quite nervous; he was going to reunite with old friends and possibly meet some new... though it was unlikely. But nevertheless, the adrenaline running in his veins were prominent, and he wasn't sure if it was from anxiety or excitement.

I'm also surprised Hokuto didn't recognize me... frowning, Kenzo fixed his glasses. Eh, it could be the fact that I was absent for half a year.

He arrived at his homeroom, and when he entered he could tell that he was the last one here; the final bell confirmed it. Much to his luck it was noticed by the majority of the students. And what was nervewracking...

They didn't seem to recognize him either.

"Uh..." A blue haired third-year, Aoba Tsumugi, as Kenzo remembered, confronted him. "I wasn't informed that a new student joined us... are you perhaps lost?"

"Aha!" Wataru Hibiki jumped from his seat, flashing a pose while pointing at him. "Why, look at this young lad! He was so drawn into my presence that he went into the wrong room~!"

Kuro Kiryu sighed from aside him, leaning against his chair and staring at Kenzo. Rei Sakuma was passed out in the back of the classroom, sleeping soundly, Kanata Shinkai was playing around with his water bottle, and Nazuna Nito was scrutinizing Kenzo.

The red-eyed male then blinked, realizing. "Wait, Shintani-kun?"

The entire room grew silent at the discovery, a mixture of emotions rising throughout the students.

Nervously ignoring the silence, Kenzo grinned, clapping his hands together. "Yes, Nazuna-kun! I'm back! Nice to see that you're doing quite well!"

"Oh my- Shintani-kun, how are you?" Aoba stumbled over himself a little, looking relieved yet complexed. "I- I can't believe you're back! I apologize that I didn't recognize you at first..."

Wataru shrieked out with laughter, leaping over the desks and grabbing Kenzo's hands and shaking them vigorously. "Amazing~! It seems our little fantasy bud bloomed! Oh, how handsome you look! It's so good to see you again, dear friend! Are those glasses I see?"

"Oh, yes," Kenzo chuckled. "Chi-kun did seem to be fond of them, so I decided to try them. They are nice."

"What's the deal with your whole..." Nazuna gestured to the entirety of him. "Getup?"

The said third-year shrugged. "Being stuck in rehabilitation makes you do quite creative things. A lot of time on my hands allowed me to finally do some stuff that I didn't have time for before."

"Like acting like Kamada?" Kuro muttered under his breath.

Kanata frowned slightly, staring at him through his water bottle. "Ne, Kenzo-kun, you seem to be 'different'. I'm quite 'disappointed' at myself that I didn't recognize you either, though. A nice touch to your 'maturity', though."

Kenzo's smile slightly dropped but was brought up again quickly. "Thanks, Kanata-kun."

Aoba piped up, seemingly still shook. "Sensei had already come in to check attendance. I suggest you go catch up to him and inform him that you're present."

Kenzo fixed his glasses, looking thoughtful. "Right. Well, it was nice to see you guys once again, I hope we could get along!" And a second later he disappeared through the door.

...

"The only reason I hung out with those two was of Kenzo-kun," Nazuna grumbled, crossing his arms. "But now that he's basically letting Kamada take the wheel of himself make me want to slap some sense into him."

"That's not nice," Aoba frowned.

"I agree," Kuro put in. "Even if hanging out with Kenzo was basically babysitting him, I'd take it any day over him acting mature though like Kamada."

Wataru was still smiling, but his voice had grown quiet. "We must remember what he's gone through. It could be a coping mechanism, but I'm not entirely sure. One thing's for sure, he's not fully happy at himself too."

"Then do we have to 'convince' him to 'turn' back into his own self?" Kanata mused.

Nazuna sighed. "I guess. Wataru's right, though. Let's give him some time so that he can get comfortable and we can get a lay of his land."

"..."

"What did I miss...?"

"Go back to sleep, Sakuma-kun."

[UNEDITED || 14-8-22]