𝐨𝐧𝐞 || 𝐦𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐜

"KENZO-KUN, UM, I THOUGHT YOU DIDN'T WEAR GLASSES."

An attempt to start small talk between the two cousins, whom haven't seen each other in a long time. And yet here they were, at the foot of Yumenosaki Academy, attending the same school.

Anzu gestured to her relative's new item of fashion: a pair of wired glasses with a chain resting on his shoulders. If that wasn't the weird thing, one thing's for certain— this wasn't the childish, energetic, impulsive person she knew before; instead a seemingly cheerful, stable and mature male.

"Oh!" Kenzo brightened when Anzu had pointed out his glasses. "It was something I caught interest on, and I tried them during my rehabilitation. Surprisingly, they are quite comfortable."

The blue-eyed girl hesitated, as if waiting for something else, but brushed it off. "They do look quite nice on you," she confessed. Kenzo grinned, pleased at her compliment.

"Why thank you! Anyways, welcome to Yumenosaki Academy! The start of your idol- ahem, I mean producer- career starts here!" Kenzo grabbed his cousins wrist and led her into the campus. "I'm full of gratitude that you chose my school, we can hang out more often and talk about interesting things!"

"O-of course," Anzu said, sweatdropping. "Um, I need to get to my homeroom, 2-B. Can you show me the way?"

Her cousin nodded. "Sure. That was my homeroom last semester so I know exactly where it is."

A new question popped up in the girl's mind. "So wait, you managed to pass your second year despite being out for like half the year?"

Kenzo flinched; she definitely hit a sore spot. "...Pretty much, yeah. One of my classmates would send me the work monthly, then hand it in for me. To be honest," he mused, his gaze becoming distant. "I wonder how he's doing."

"Well now you can see him for yourself," Anzu answered, starting look at the campus around her. Kenzo once again appreciated the beauty of his school. It was good to be back and out of the place he stayed at for nearly six months straight.

The two walked towards Anzu's homeroom, 2-B. It was surprisingly quiet, which was odd. Usually the corridors were bustling with students... did they get so lazy that they stopped attending classes? He managed to push that thought away, trying to focus on the positive side.

Rounding the corner they started to hear music; from 2-B, no less. when they got close enough to peek into the room, a group of four were practicing choreography to a song. They had moved the desks away to give them a decent stage, if a stage at all.

Only one of them looked familiar: the navy-haired center, with the blue eyes. Kenzo recounted him being a part of Wataru's theatre club. Hokuto Hidaka, right?

Anzu seemed mesmerized by their dancing and smooth singing. She had started to drift into the room, Kenzo following suit so that she wouldn't be left alone.

But the group's preformance was ended abruptly when the ginger-haired male crashed into Hokuto, ruining the dance and the two tumbling over.

"Ghk-!"

"Oof-"

The maroon-haired student sighed. "Come on, you guys."

"Hey!" The ginger protested, sitting up. "It was Hokke's fault!"

"God, you're so rude," Groaning, Hokuto pushed his friend off. "I was doing my part right, unlike you."

The glasses guy shook his head, turning to stop the music on his phone. "You're the only one who doesn't know the choreography, Akehoshi." The dark-haired guy continued.