Hela (Goddess of Death)

Hela, Goddess of Death and ruler of the underworld Niflheim was sat upon her throne a scowl strewn across her face. She was bored being alone in the underworld filled with lost souls screaming for eternity.

She desired a companion of sorts, a champion if you will, someone who could stand beside her for that eternity.

She long awaited for the moment where she could rain chaos on the inhabitants of Midgard, more commonly known as the planet Earth where in which lived the team known as the Avengers, 'Earths Mightiest Heroes'.

She scoffed at the name, as far as she was concerned they were nothing more than ants pretending to be giants. As ruler of the underworld she herself had bared witness to countless warriors whose feats where legendary and easily quashed that of the Avengers.

Her hatred for the group was furthermore intensified by the fact that Thor, God of Thunder was an associate and member of the Avengers.

When it came to warriors and heroes his was the most notable, plucked from the very essence of a warriors spirit Thor accomplished many feats during his long life as an Asgardian and keeper of the realm.

She had attempted to overthrow Midgard and bring her undead army to Earth and conquer it and rule over it as a new underworld. But thanks to the aforementioned heroes and Thor, she was stopped and repelled back to her own realm of darkness.

She tried to convince Thor to join her side, as she had previously set her sights on making him her champion, and rule over them together.

However he rejected her offer and swore allegiance to the humans and protected them, fought her forces with the heroes and sent her away.

She dug her nails into her throne breaking the stone armrests at the thought of her previous defeat. But she couldn't mope for all eternity, so after she had cleaned her wounds she was ready for a second strike, all she needed was an opportunity and more so a target.

Someone who she could take as her own, someone strong yet also gullible and easily manipulated into doing her bidding. This didn't have to be her champion but if she somehow managed to find someone who fit the bill then she could kill two birds with one stone.

Her choices were obvious however, the ones most suited for the role were the said heroes of Midgard. The Avengers. Or perhaps even some of the other heroes who are not directly affiliated with them. She recalled the mutants calling themselves the X-Men who possessed rather curious abilities.

Some proved to be strong willed and fortified their minds to resist influence, there were those who simply did not interest her in the slightest for a plethora of reasons or they simply lacked the means to carry out her demands.

Her scowl shifted to that of thoughtfulness as she tried to find the perfect subject who suited her needs.

She observed the planet and all its heroes to see if there was someone who she missed, someone she may have overlooked.

That's when her eyes feasted upon the red and blue costumed hero, he was a resident of New York, the same place the Avengers resided yet he himself was not a fully fledged member. He showed rather curious skills and eye opening feats that she would dare say resembled that of a true warrior spirit.

He moved rather strangely through the air although she could tell it was not flying... more like swinging. With constant ups and downs with his body moving in an arch.

Yes, the heroes she was now observing was none other than Spider-Man.

He fought against her too but he played a rather small role, although that was to be expected when a mere mortal faced a God, or Goddess in this case, who was facing a God herself.